Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
See my build thread post here.

I replaced the rear O2, reset the codes, ECU reached readiness after driving a bit, passed OBD scan at the inspection station, and received an inspection sticker. The front O2 sensor code has not returned.

Reactions: turbojr74

·
Registered
425 Posts
See my build thread post here.

I replaced the rear O2, reset the codes, ECU reached readiness after driving a bit, passed OBD scan at the inspection station, and received an inspection sticker. The front O2 sensor code has not returned.
Changed mine out last night...just need to put the car back together...

I'm not sure how you went underneath @Hank...I looked at your pics and applaud you for doing it that way. I went from the top. Sadly that means the entire intake and battery came out.

63937420076__F21FFAE1-086A-4AF0-8EAF-85355274EEB5.JPG

63937422149__72F60B49-B2E6-4FEA-ADD3-336B969E5A45.JPG IMG_4354.JPG

One thing about O2 sensors that I highly recommend beyond other tools is a really good O2 socket. These, while not used often, need to be high quality. Most will be thin walled and have a big opening for the wire. This will end up widening and give on a stuck O2 sensor...in turn this will strip out the sensor costing you many $$$ signs. Just ask me how I know....

Lesson learned is buy one like from MAG and you will never strip one again. This isn't cheap, but all it takes is to strip out the main sensor to wish you hadn't gone with a crappy cheap brand.
IMG_4358.JPG IMG_4357.JPG

As @Hank stated, old one had no resistance and the new came with 3.2ohms on pins 1 and 2.
IMG_4359.JPG

Car goes back together today

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm not sure how you went underneath @Hank...I looked at your pics and applaud you for doing it that way. I went from the top. Sadly that means the entire intake and battery came out.
Having a 4 post lift in my shop definitely helps on most installs. Also, my downpipe places the downstream oxygen sensor on the passenger side. Yours looks much easier to get at from the top since the j-pipe restrictor is on the driver side. Glad you got it back together!

Reactions: turbojr74

·
Registered
425 Posts
Having a 4 post lift in my shop definitely helps on most installs.
AMEN to that...wishing I had such. I use a Mate of mine out 40min drive when things get cheeky!

Also, my downpipe places the downstream oxygen sensor on the passenger side. Yours looks much easier to get at from the top since the j-pipe restrictor is on the driver side. Glad you got it back together!
That makes a lot more sense...for some reason I was thinking yours was on the same side.

OT: I'm very interested in your testing @Hank of the RDU programing. While I don't do AutoX, I'm interested in how much the extra torque does for general driving and fun. Do you typically leave it in T5 or play with a couple of the others in the 12% range (T16/T14/T18)? The MapDCCD controller in my Forester really does a great job putting that AWD in the rear to work (not to mention just general traction overall - this unit bases a lot of GForce, brakes/gas over the original STi stock DCCD).
Sadly the Carloop Basic OBD2 Adapter are sold out...have to wait and hoping to get put on a list when back in stock.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts