Ford Focus RS Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Still having regular.occurring issues with Tractive suspension going.into full.stiff. if I leave the car on and run codes without resetting board I get the dreaded LR open. Once I reset the board it clears the codes. I have checked all connections at each corner multiple times. I now suspect the issue is connectivity at the controller or the controller itself. I have tried emailing and calling DSC but haven't had any recent success.

I plan on installing a switch as Philofoc describes above, but really looking for a solution that resolves the problem completely. Has anyone found a working solution to.the LR open issue? Thanks.

LF = dead controller

Period

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
LF = dead controller

Period
Sounds likely. That’s the likely test strategy to start at left front, left rear, right rear, right front. The controller issue would likely be on the power input side of the board.

Reactions: DeanHart

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Weak power supply in RS boxes?
More likely would be power flux in the RS. You could install a volt meter on the power wires and monitor while driving.
What exhaust you running? I’ve seen exhaust noise cause wiring connection problems. The noise is simply acoustic vibrations.

Reactions: DeanHart

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m running the AWS Touring cat back exhaust which I love. Hadn’t considered a noise harmonic as a possible cause to the suspension malfunction?

I am out of town but have the car on a trickle charger. Am very interested to see if the original (4.5 year old) battery could be the problem. Will update next week on whether this solves the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 125 of 125 Posts