Ford Focus RS Forum banner
621 - 640 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
@phillofoc
What’s the upgrade in the wiring, as it needs it because the original is very fragile
I can't remember where I saw it. Different connectors at the end, some heat shrink where the connectors meet the cable.

Not sure if it will help. I'm pretty sure that the wiring is made from rice paper and filled with pixie dust. If you look at the wiring the wrong way, your suspension will go full stiff and resolve itself in a week all on its own.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I guess they still don't have the camber plates... I guess I'm screwed for the Autocross Challenge next week unless they materialize out of thin air. lol... :confused:

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I guess they still don't have the camber plates... I guess I'm screwed for the Autocross Challenge next week unless they materialize out of thin air. lol... :confused:
Just swap out the inner-front-lower control arm bushings to add about -3 deg. They're easily done by pressing out the OEM bushing and bumping the new one in. They're adjustable as well. No need for camber plates. You will likely want to install the rear eccentric bushing as well to add back the slight amount of lost caster.

Reactions: misterchonger

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welp... Looks like mid September now. Supplier issues I guess.
There goes the season... Maybe I should buy a different set of coils and plates? Damn...

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I actually already have a full Superpro set. The bushings I have increase front castor not camber though.
Sounds like you're missing the front lower inner camber bushings. They are PowerFlex, not Superpro.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I could stiffen up the front shocks under hard braking if there any leeway... I'll play around with the controller settings later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yep Tractive orders are out to mid September, I have customer set on order as well. Material shortages, August holidays shutdowns and a back log at Eibach it seems. Plus they are very busy.
The RS will be a low runner I would say, so stock doesn't seem to be held.

How did you find the Superpro bushes? How are they for road use, I'm tempted to do some re-bushing to tighen things up a bit.
Believe they do standard alignment and alternative off set bushes to change camber and caster, symmetrical or Asymmetrical.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Someone on here said that poly bushings and the Tractive setup didn't play nicely together, have you guys experienced this as well?

I think it was @White-RS2 who mentioned this previously.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I believe WhiteRS did quite a bit of geometry changes as well with the Poweflex items, which was too much and not needed with Tractive dampers. I’m not looking for drastic geo changes, more looking for better location and control.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Yeah, the basic geometry should remain stock. The only change "needed" is more negative camber. You don't really need to add back the lost caster, but it helps the steering on-center feel and gives a bit better grip feedback when the wheel is not centered.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Thanks all. When it comes time to replace rubber bushings, I want to go polyurethane so it's good to hear that many of you are having good experiences. Sounds like the anti-dive / anti-lift bushings were the ones that don't play well with the Tractive setup.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Without plates the easy way to increase camber is with the eccentric bushings

Caster may be increased with power flex anti lift kit

All good w/ tractive

Tractive is not magic, physics still apply - geometry etc - makes tractive better

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you using any bushings that have the camber/caster adjustments?
I used the powerflex bushings from memory. Anyway, it's the purple bushings which do caster. I put them in as increasing caster helps somewhat with camber too

Very happy with them. A friend with an unmodified rs when he drove mine says steering heavier and more responsive than his. I don't notice added weight. It is definitely an improvement from my point of view and I'd recommend doing it. I have changed bushes at front and no real nvh difference. My rear bushes are standard

621 - 640 of 641 Posts