Ford Focus RS Forum banner

421 - 431 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
The best current damper range out their for the Focus RS

TRACTIVE with a DSC Contoller

Red - OEM Factory
Green - KW (very similar to OEM but has better springs)
Blue - Tractive Awesoness

Red (OEM) and Green (KW) are very similar due to they both use the same valving

·
Registered
294 Posts
Out of the blue on a beautiful sunny day at the Starbucks drive-thru lane car went FS this Saturday. RIP

Stayed like that all-day, usual dance of config-file reload, firmware reload, unplug car battery did nothing. I didn't use it at all Sunday and this Monday morning it's fine. 😭

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Out of the blue on a beautiful sunny day at the Starbucks drive-thru lane car went FS this Saturday. RIP

Stayed like that all-day, usual dance of config-file reload, firmware reload, unplug car battery did nothing. I didn't use it at all Sunday and this Monday morning it's fine. 😭
I'm increasingly thinking that this is linked to the exhaust valve, esp if it happens during driving. The Ford dealer needs the car in all day so I can't go tomorrow, so I guess I'll drop it off next week and will report back

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm increasingly thinking that this is linked to the exhaust valve, esp if it happens during driving. The Ford dealer needs the car in all day so I can't go tomorrow, so I guess I'll drop it off next week and will report back
Have you guys unplugged the exhaust valve to see if you go full stiff?

·
Registered
181 Posts
New Version 3 springs have just arrived received from 9Designs (free) my Tractive / DSC supplier.

Please see image of the V3 spring and wording and numbering code.

This should help you with your supplier for a new lower spring. Their are three versions of spring V1 the original which is way to long. V2 makes a big difference but maxes out at an equivalent height to the Mountune springs.

The new V3 spring is to allow a further height reduction equivalent to say H&R springs possibly lower as I haven’t fitted yet

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
New Version 3 springs have just arrived received from 9Designs (free) my Tractive / DSC supplier.

Please see image of the V3 spring and wording and numbering code.

This should help you with your supplier for a new lower spring. Their are three versions of spring V1 the original which is way to long. V2 makes a big difference but maxes out at an equivalent height to the Mountune springs.

The new V3 spring is to allow a further height reduction equivalent to say H&R springs possibly lower as I haven’t fitted yet

View attachment 337398
Good to hear! How much shorter is it than the V2 spring if you have one handy?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry my current V2’s are on the car and I’m hoping to have the V3’s fitted this side of Christmas.
I can measure tomorrow the V1 “v” V3 height but the V2 will have to wait.
The reduction ration from the spring to wheel is 3:1 I’m told.

421 - 431 of 431 Posts