Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 594 Posts

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
When is the RTX expected?

Has the RTX price point been established? If so, can/will you share it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The RTx package should be available within the next few months. I am not 100% sure on pricing for that so I will let everyone know when the kit is ready with pricing.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Can you loan me some money? :)
Hefty price. Sure hope you and others are $5K+ happy.
Please share a realistic review when you get them installed.
LOL No money to spare! I throw it all away on toys! Yeah, only the individual can justify the expense.

Personal reviews are purely subjective unless they're backed up with data. Engine performance can be measured pretty objectively with dyno runs or other power-only events. Suspension changes are purely subjective where some may really like x change and others will hate it. So much depends on driving style and the venue that unless YOU are doing the evaluation for yourself, it is really meaningless. That said, I really liked the DSC work on the controller for street use, so I'm anxious to feel their full suspension. I prefer the car very loose for the instant-rotation turns required for autocross though, so I may need to make some tweaks. Most road-course setups need a tiny bit of understeer because they are running much faster speeds (100+) relative to autocross which should top out around 70 mph for the fastest cars.

Reactions: seniorgeek

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
LOL No money to spare! I throw it all away on toys! Yeah, only the individual can justify the expense.

Personal reviews are purely subjective unless they're backed up with data. Engine performance can be measured pretty objectively with dyno runs or other power-only events. Suspension changes are purely subjective where some may really like x change and others will hate it. So much depends on driving style and the venue that unless YOU are doing the evaluation for yourself, it is really meaningless. That said, I really liked the DSC work on the controller for street use, so I'm anxious to feel their full suspension. I prefer the car very loose for the instant-rotation turns required for autocross though, so I may need to make some tweaks. Most road-course setups need a tiny bit of understeer because they are running much faster speeds (100+) relative to autocross which should top out around 70 mph for the fastest cars.
I agree with your statement completely. What you stated is a very "realistic" response as you state what, why, and how. When you review the system all will understand your personal review.

Reactions: FORZDA 2

·
Registered
768 Posts
Phew, that is a lot of cash money for a suspension setup on this class of car. I'm sure some people will enjoy it very much, but I'm thoroughly priced out. I do still plan on buying the controller though - has anyone looked at pairing the controller with other aftermarket valved dampers?

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Would these be compatible with a set of Vorshlag camber plates? I want the adjustability they have for camber and caster. But I don’t need the remote canisters and racing springs that it looks like the RTX comes with?
There is no cost in updating your controller! The calibration file is available for download from our website. In regards to camber plates, we are in the process of developing our RTx package. That will consist of our billet camber plates and top mounts plus a possible spring change for "track use". We have not finalized that package yet, but the RT package can easily be converted by switching out the camber plates and top mounts. In regards to sway bars, everything we did to test and develop this product was done using the factory sway bars. I am really amazed with how well the car worked with the stock bars and our shock setup. Braking deep and bringing the car up into the corner just about flat at the apex of the corner felt extremely confidence inspiring and this was with stock bars. The car rotates to the corner just right and power down off the corner is amazing. I did not see the need to have a sway bar kit while testing.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The rate came out to approximately 280lbs in the front and 260lbs in the rear. It has lots of preload and we were shocked with how well it worked!! With this rate, we have a ZERO COMPROMISE setup. The ride quality is amazing and the handling is out of this world! My car has stock sway bars and I was amazed by how well I could get the car into the corner and the stability I have from mid corner to exit while on power.

The front is a coilover design and the rear has a height adjuster for the spring, so you can change the ride height. I have my car set to be at about stock ride height. I did not want to lower my car since it is my daily driver and wanted to get the most out of it being at factory ride height.
Thank you!

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Would these be compatible with a set of Vorshlag camber plates? I want the adjustability they have for camber and caster. But I don’t need the remote canisters and racing springs that it looks like the RTX comes with?
We have not tested those camber plates. This package is made to be able to use the factory camber plate and top mount, so if you have replaced your factory ones with others, you can try that. You will be able to upgrade the RT package to our RTx once available if you wish to use our camber plates that we are making. For the Focus RS, the RTx package will not have remote canisters. The kit will have camber plates, different springs and a calibration file.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Thank you. This is super helpful. I will be ordering now. Hope the RTx moves along rapidly!
We have not tested those camber plates. This package is made to be able to use the factory camber plate and top mount, so if you have replaced your factory ones with others, you can try that. You will be able to upgrade the RT package to our RTx once available if you wish to use our camber plates that we are making. For the Focus RS, the RTx package will not have remote canisters. The kit will have camber plates, different springs and a calibration file.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
One final question, hopefully this is helping others in their decisions as well, otherwise I apologize to the thread. I did not see what diameter springs you supply. If I decide to experiment with a Vorshlag camber plate in the short run, they offer different spring perch diameter compatibility options = 60mm, 2.5" and 2.25". Are the eibach springs 60mm? Thank you very much.

Thank you. This is super helpful. I will be ordering now. Hope the RTx moves along rapidly!

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
One final question, hopefully this is helping others in their decisions as well, otherwise I apologize to the thread. I did not see what diameter springs you supply. If I decide to experiment with a Vorshlag camber plate in the short run, they offer different spring perch diameter compatibility options = 60mm, 2.5" and 2.25". Are the eibach springs 60mm? Thank you very much.
We have designed this package to work with the factory top mount and camber plate. If your aftermarket camber plate works with a factory spring perch and factory spring, they will work with our kit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Phew, that is a lot of cash money for a suspension setup on this class of car. I'm sure some people will enjoy it very much, but I'm thoroughly priced out. I do still plan on buying the controller though - has anyone looked at pairing the controller with other aftermarket valved dampers?
I went with the KW coilovers from Mountune that work with the factory controller. One, did not want to wait for this to come out and wanted something that was plug and play with factory setup.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Reactions: XRJoe

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
DSC facebook says the kits are now shipping. Mine is on the way. ...
My kit is on the garage shelf waiting my install effort. It may be a while as I have several other projects in work as well...

IMG_1714.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
My kit is on the garage shelf waiting my install effort. It may be a while as I have several other projects in work as well...
You have entirely too much discretionary cash. :wink-new:

21 - 40 of 594 Posts