Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states, has anyone been working with one dealer but having their car drop shipped elsewhere?

Also, has anyone edited (more specifically, added) their order before they've been selected for scheduling?

My main question, really, is will adding to my order delay my build?

Context: I inquired with my dealer about the possibility of adding the winter wheel package to my order. I asked if the wheels themselves could be dropped shipped (but not necessarily the vehicle itself), he seems to think I wanted the whole vehicle drop shipped (which I did not, initially). As of now, my build hasn't been selected for scheduling yet, and dealer says any changes will "delay the order". He didn't clarify whether he means vehicle build or actual delivery. Don't see why adding to an order that hasn't been selected yet would delay it, but I would understand if it delayed delivery...

Just want to see if anyone's gathered any related info in their own experiences...
TIA.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
As title states, has anyone been working with one dealer but having their car drop shipped elsewhere?

Also, has anyone edited (more specifically, added) their order before they've been selected for scheduling?

My main question, really, is will adding to my order delay my build?

Context: I inquired with my dealer about the possibility of adding the winter wheel package to my order. I asked if the wheels themselves could be dropped shipped (but not necessarily the vehicle itself), he seems to think I wanted the whole vehicle drop shipped (which I did not, initially). As of now, my build hasn't been selected for scheduling yet, and dealer says any changes will "delay the order". He didn't clarify whether he means vehicle build or actual delivery. Don't see why adding to an order that hasn't been selected yet would delay it, but I would understand if it delayed delivery...

Just want to see if anyone's gathered any related info in their own experiences...
TIA.
Your Dealer has no clue. Did several changes to my order yesterday while I had the order guy on the phone, mine hadn't been scheduled yet.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I added the Cup tires to mine. No delays should result from it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Would be fun to have your RS drop shipped to the dealer that wanted a lot of ADM.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Would be fun to have your RS drop shipped to the dealer that wanted a lot of ADM.
those A holes will never touch my car ....
I will probably take both of my focus 's to their car show next summer and park across the street people will come over to look at it and I'll tell them how FD up there dealership is

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol thought crossed my mind. They'd still be getting a few hundred bucks though, so depends on how much of an a$$hole they were being about it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all input.

Anyone know if just the winter wheel package can be drop shipped to another location?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Funnier yet...have it drop shipped across the street from the dealer. Then leave it in the lot with a for sale sign for like $27,$$$. I wouldn't leave the cars side of course but ide act like I'm calling the owner. There would be so many people off the dealer lot around it. They wouldn't sell crap that day.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
said dealer must accept the drop ship... cant force them to take delivery
And there is a charge that is up to the dealer, I've seen $200-$400 range.

However, I asked my dealer in PA, the same knowledgeable Internet saleswoman that turned me on to their sister dealership where I ended up buying my car said that Ford historically won't dropship limited or special editions. Look at this RS lottery system of fulfillment of allocations - it appears they are trying to get a car into as many regions as possible. Dropshipping would mess that up.

But it's worth asking! Mine's only one datapoint, and we know dealers are all over the place in terms of knowledge.

Jim

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
This is exactly what I have done, they wanted 10k ADM, I paid MSRP

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Mine is being drop shipped and it costs $250 to do the paper work and PDI at the receiving dealer.

And there is a charge that is up to the dealer, I've seen $200-$400 range.

However, I asked my dealer in PA, the same knowledgeable Internet saleswoman that turned me on to their sister dealership where I ended up buying my car said that Ford historically won't dropship limited or special editions. Look at this RS lottery system of fulfillment of allocations - it appears they are trying to get a car into as many regions as possible. Dropshipping would mess that up.

But it's worth asking! Mine's only one datapoint, and we know dealers are all over the place in terms of knowledge.

Jim

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
@gte - how far is it from the dealership where you purchased to the dealership that you are dropshipping to, please?

I'm wondering if miles make a difference, as my purchasing dealer is 2800 miles away. Probably a big difference from yours.

Jim

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
@gte - how far is it from the dealership where you purchased to the dealership that you are dropshipping to, please?

I'm wondering if miles make a difference, as my purchasing dealer is 2800 miles away. Probably a big difference from yours.

Jim
I doubt distance makes any difference. we all pay the same delivery costs.
what state are you buying your car from?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The dealer I purchased from is over 700 miles from me and is willing to either drop ship or have me pick it up. In regards to drop ship they specifically said it doesn't matter to them where I am as they have to pay the same rate for delivery either way. Not sure if this is true but its what I was told and so far they have not added any extra fee's to do so.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine is being drop shipped, as the dealer I purchased from is 1,000 miles from me. @DeltaT distance shouldn't matter as the car will be shipped from Germany to the dealer you select to have it drop shipped to. The dealer you purchased from won't even see the vehicle.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just had my order changed to remove the Cup 2 tires and go with the Super Sport instead since I will likely not be tracking my car too often. AFAIU, my order hasn't been scheduled, so it shouldn't be delayed any more. My dealer sent me the updated VOC and said that he will send the updated DORA next week.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I doubt distance makes any difference. we all pay the same delivery costs.
what state are you buying your car from?
I am in CA but purchasing in Pennsylvania. Shipping on an exposed truck is around $1100, enclosed ~$1800. So the dropship idea is very attractive; I'll call the GM Monday and point out that some folks here have successfully set it up.

Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
DeltaT
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing