Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys iv got a 2016 rs and iv had a xforce catback exhaust, turbosmart bov and a tune done (minor work) picked it up from the shop and on drive home the driver mode not available sensor popped up. I took it back to the shop they said it hit the torque limiter so they increased it but yet again on my way home it came back on then they said they had to tighten the bov and said it was all done but no same thing before I got home it came up again. Could any of you guys have any idea what could be causing this to happen so I can let the shop know as they still have my car and can’t workout what is causing the issue

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm a bit worried why your shop would be saying that it's you hitting the torque limiter and raising it. That part sounds suspicious. I believe that's adjusted at the tune level and usually only affects peak boost pressure.

Anyway, usually that problem is because of the exhaust valve at the muffler sticking. You can get a bypass plug so it so you'll never see that error caused by it again. I had that problem before and solved it with the bypass. Some experience it more in winter, but I've experienced it in summer and never had the car experience a cold winter before.

Since you have an aftermarket exhaust, maybe they didn't reconnect the valve or it didn't come with a bypass plug.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Which shop did the work?
It's definitely to do with the exhaust valve, my guess is it's not plugged in which would cause these exact issues

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is making me edgy. Sounds like the workshop has no idea what they are doing.
Do you have a dynograph of the tune?- with boost and afr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for your responses and I did tell the guy that it’s possibly got something to do with that valve in the exhaust since I did look up in this forum before posting and have seen that the valve is the main reason for this to happen but the guy said it’s not the exhaust like most people are saying it is, I took it to pulse racing in menai.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I would of thought that Paul would know what he is doing, he's been around for a long while.
I still think it's either not plugged in or if it is, they may have the valve just hanging somewhere, or cable tied, it has to have resistance on it or it will throw the errors you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Paul’s the one doing the work on it. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and forward the information you have given me to them and hopefully get some results. Thanks again really appreciate it

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Shock connectors, ABS connectors, low battery voltage . . . please add to this list once you solve it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, did you end up sorting this out?
Nah still having the error pop up whenever it pleases. Gonna take it to another shop and get them to look at it, pulse were certain it wasn’t the exhaust valve but I’m certain it has something to do with it as it never through this error until I got the exhaust and tune done

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheaper option is to buy a Grimspeed(or whatever brand) exhaust valve delete plug, plug it in yourself and see if that helps.
This joint will sort you out, you'll get it in a few days after ordering.
Rather than buying from OS.

Didn’t even think of pro speed, there only 20mins up the freeway from where I live too, I purchased one from the focus rs club website but there in the UK so probably gonna take afew weeks till I get it, thanks for your reply I’m pretty certain this should clear the error even tho the shop disagrees

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Didn’t even think of pro speed, there only 20mins up the freeway from where I live too, I purchased one from the focus rs club website but there in the UK so probably gonna take afew weeks till I get it, thanks for your reply I’m pretty certain this should clear the error even tho the shop disagrees
Let us know how you go?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used to get the message randomly on start up when my battery was getting weak for about the last year. I didn't replace it since the car still started easily. Replacing the battery fixed that and this other issue where the radio would make static noises and the volume would fluctuate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts