Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few "If I won" post in other threads. Figured let's just have a thread on that.

I know I would be buying a new garage with living quarters above it, and lexan or similar floors in the common rooms (can watch kids from garage, and gaze at cars in garage from house). Garage would be fully shop equipped, alignment, tire mounting and balancing.... a Baby Leno Garage. In garage would be new yellow GT, my NB FoRS, 67 Lincoln (first car), my 84 Civic racecar, an evil clone of my 67 Lincoln (blown 460, tube chassis, carbon fiber body with a weight goal less than that of the RS), Vector W2 or W8 (prefer the W2), Porsche 944 Turbo (Uncle had one and was first performance car I rode in), 47 GMC 5 window pickup (my dad had one and this one we could fix, last one had a tree fall on it during a hurricane) and really anything else that really catches my eye that I can justify and enjoy. Also a truck with 5th wheel enclosed car hauler.

I would look into 2 properties types, rentals for income for generations if managed right and a motorsport complex (Road course, rally-x, auto-x, carts and maybe drag) in Eastern NC.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Assuming $550 million after taxes, etc.

1. Set aside 400mm for long term investment purposes.

2. Pay off parents' debts.

3. Buy a 3 bedroom brownstone in Rittenhouse Square, Philly with at least a two car garage.
3a. Renovate brownstone and garage. Equip garage with a small-medium snap-on box and tools.

4. Buy or build a one story parking garage as close to said brownstone as possible.
4a. Renovate garage and save 4 bays in a corner with lift and full tool setup for myself. Rent the rest.

...and for the big one...

5. Build a private race track outside Philly similar to Monticello or Thermal Club.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've heard after taxes its closer to 800 Million but does it rally matter!

Build a timber frame garage to store my car collection that would be heavy on the Ford stuff starting with a GT, Shelby Mustang, Raptor and of course my RS. There are a lot of cars I've always wanted that I'd go after as well.

Quit my job and buy another RS to go showroom stock racing with SCCA and then tick off all the other automotive bucket list items I've always wanted to do.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've heard after taxes its closer to 800 Million but does it rally matter!
When I typed my response this morning they were still estimating the annuity at $1.3B, which had a $868M cash value. Now it's $1.5B est. annuity and $930M est. cash. Factory in around 35-40% in taxes depending on your state.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Quit my job, invest 2/3 of the money, pay off all of my family's bills, buy a large plot of land with great views somewhere (maybe Colorado) that would allow me to hunt, build a sweet race course, and build my dream home, of course with an attached >10-12 car garage/workshop, complete with lift & drainage (for inside car washes). I'd then fill said garage with: the RS, an Ariel Atom, S15 Silvia, R34 GT-R, A few SUV's for the wife, my Yamaha FZ-1, some dirtbikes, quads, more sportbikes, cruisers, and a few old school project cars.
I'd take a 2-week vacation at least 3 times a year to see everything in the world that I've ever wanted to see.
Drive the Nurburgring in as many different performance cars as I could rent.
Book a flight into space.
Hire a personal trainer and a chef.
Buy many guns... to be continued.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would buy my own Somali pirate company, hijack the cargo ships carrying the RSs to America, then charge dealers an "industry standard" APM (Adjusted Pirate Markup) before releasing their cars.

·
Registered
520 Posts
1. Buy a Mercedes S65 AMG as summer car #1.
2. Buy a Ford GT as summer car #2.
3. Buy a boat.
4. Buy a pickup truck and modify the suspension to make it an off-road king.
5. Build a house in the mountainous regions of the west/Midwest that is high-tech and modern with large windows, large terraces with good views, and a minimum 10 car underground garage with a built in lift/compressor system/work and tool benches, and a heated floor/driveway.
6. Travel the entire world little bits at a time.
7. Invest a percentage of my winnings in the stock market while continuing to work a normal job and contribute to society as if nothing happened.
8. Donate a percentage to a worthwhile cause or charity.

Basically it. I'm sure I'll end up buying more cars and think of other things if I actually win :cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Payoff my parents home, set any bills I have to $0, extend my 2 car garage to house 4 cars, and finally take a long vacation.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
First I would buy a 458 Speciale. Then I would join a private motorsport club. I honestly would still want the RS just as much as the 458 and maybe a truck, just because lol. Of course buy a house with a heated driveway and at least enough room for 6 cars garaged, and build a building to house more. Vacation wise, maybe a 30 day cruise and all the driving schools I could think of. I would go to Vegas and spend a day at Exotics Racing, buy some Grail watches I can only dream of, and that's about it, besides whatever the girlfriend wants lol.

As time went on I'm sure my hobbies would grow with disposable income, but driving, vehicles, traveling, and food, while enjoying life with my special some one, are core values that will never change, money or not.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Week 1,

1) Buy the Nurburgring, lease Sabine Schmitz.
2) Stock it with more cars than I have in Gran Turismo, and a full time pit crew to maintain/tune them.
3) Build a 100 foot tall steel wall around it, and run 240 volts at 1 amp thru it. Maybe add a moat full of gators for entertainment.
4) Buy a small fleet of Apache AH-64's, a few F-22 Raptors, large fleet of drones. All fully "complimented".
5) Gun turrets stocked with a bunch of Chris Kyle (RIP) and Chad Littlefield's buddys with Cheytak Intervention's and Barrett 50 Cal's.
6) Stock compound with epic beer and grub. Hire Padma Lakshmi to oversee the grub. In a bikini, obviously.
7) Invite all my car buddies and a ton of professional race drivers to the pad. (** All members of the forum receive invite **)
8) Small army.
9) Pick up a used but reasonably priced Antonov An-225 Mriya, fly it to kbrd's place with some Apache's in tow. "Liberate" a few dozen of kbrd's RS' and a few pirates for my moat. *Give kbrd a ride to the compound if requested.
10) Enlarge moat and fill with offshore race boats, etc.
11) Gun range.
12) Big screens everywhere with on-track views and commentary by Jamie Little, in a black and pink checkered bikini.
13) Guns.
14) Random dancers scattered on the property, also piped to bigscreens.
15) Build a MASSIVE trebuchet, to launch ill doers out of the compound if needed.
16) MoAr guns.
17) DRIVE....
18) Rinse and repeat.

Week 2.
I'll have to work on that. Need to get back to work so I can pay for my lottery ticket....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Family and friends debt free, living and driving well.

Buy up a city block, convert a house or two into a full scale and operational garage for motor toys. Invite friends to live year round on the block party.

Houses all over.

Travel.

Buy water companies and stock in what you can't buy, buy property with springs, lakes, rivers, deltas, etc. Water is going to be king moving forward. Probably throw a few hundred mill into a fund and sit back and collect more millions on returns yearly for doing absolutely nothing (even with them being fairly weak right now, at like 4% returns, 4% of say 400 million, leaving you another 400 million to buy aforementioned water things, is 16 million, thats 16 million to pay taxes and profit off each year for free, if you get a better rate at like 8% thats 32 million. bling)

Win.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think tax is 48% between fed and state. I think the powerball will be close to 1.8 billion by Wednesday so roughly 950 million would be the winnings and less than that if you take the lump sum. You will pay more in taxes over the long run if you take the annuity payments. Never the less it is a ton of money no matter how you take it.

First thing pay off all debt and walk around debt free. For the most part I'm debt free now, but still have my rental and very small bills. No credit cards or car payments is relly nice!!

Second I'll split the winnings with my wife and put 5-10 million in trust funds for my girls.

Third I will build my own car museum/man cave/ bar/ burger joint/ restoration shop. Or something like that. I'm sure it will include rally driving simulators too.

Fourth it to travel while my shop monkeys build my ideas. Then I would donate or have a raffle for charity with the cars.

The big thing is to not over extend and keep the money invested and growing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts