Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,436 Posts
i think so, it’s hard to explain. I hear it with certain cars when they cruise past, kind of like popcorn/burbles, I guess you could call them farty? Haha
I think I know exactly what your talking about. It's more of a rolling grumbling sound instead of the loud bangs of the pops, right? More burbles than the bangs. My JST tune is set up like that. I asked him to increase the burbles, and it sounds great. So it'll do more burbles than pops when driving around normally. Then, it'll do both when I really get on it and rev it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's more of a rolling grumbling sound instead of the loud bangs of the pops, right?
yes that’s exactly what I’m talking about. So it seems like it’s more on the tune side of things then. Do you think that kind of set up can still be achieved by a dyno tune? People only ever seem to talk about e-tuners. So I’m wondering if I have to just bite the bullet and get the COBB AP..

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I think I know exactly what your talking about. It's more of a rolling grumbling sound instead of the loud bangs of the pops, right? More burbles than the bangs. My JST tune is set up like that. I asked him to increase the burbles, and it sounds great. So it'll do more burbles than pops when driving around normally. Then, it'll do both when I really get on it and rev it out.
Interesting.....any chance of a video or sound clip of how that sounds?
I might hit Brian up for this also....!

Reactions: FU3LD

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interesting.....any chance of a video or sound clip of how that sounds?
I might hit Brian up for this also....!
I second this... video or sound clip, please. I've heard a burble tune on a C8 corvette and it sounds amazing, really curious what it would sound like on our RS.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,436 Posts
For sure. I'll definitely take a video when I get a chance this week. 👍

Reactions: FU3LD

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
I know some of you have already mentioned this is only done with a tune, but does it matter if I have stock DP, catted or catless?
The Ford/Borla exhaust does this to a degree. It sounds great on an ST, and more so when it's decatted. I'll be picking up a Borla S-Type as soon as they're back in stock for that reason. You can hear it in sound clips, and you don't hear it with any other exhaust sound clips.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,436 Posts
Alright y'all. Sorry for taking so long to get this video. I was able to take one with my phone while idling. I don't have a mic for my GoPro, so this is probably the best I could do with the limited time and resources I had.
NOTE: You probably wanna listen with headphones, or at least decent speakers. The sound is crappy on my laptop, but sounds clear when I watch it on my phone with earbuds. It burbles a little more when driving since the engine is under load.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts