Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the influx of threads lol, every time I think I'm finished with one thing it leads to another.

I may be considering a downpipe down the line soon, and had a few questions regarding it. At the moment I have the REMUS catback exhaust system installed and love the sound, would adding a downpipe change the tone or enhance it?

I've been looking at Milltek options here; https://www.performancecrate.com.au...d-focus-rs-mk3-lz?_pos=2&_sid=668e3ec2f&_ss=r
I'm a little confused on the attachment piece as it says to choose from the Milltek or OE. Not sure what the REMUS piping would need?
Also what is the difference between Decat and 200 Cell Cat ? .. This is a daily drive car if that helps.

Aside from Milltek, is there any other downpipes worth considering, what is the big differences between them?

I really appreciate everyone's knowledge and helpfulness so far.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Sorry for the influx of threads lol, every time I think I'm finished with one thing it leads to another.

I may be considering a downpipe down the line soon, and had a few questions regarding it. At the moment I have the REMUS catback exhaust system installed and love the sound, would adding a downpipe change the tone or enhance it?

I've been looking at Milltek options here; https://www.performancecrate.com.au...d-focus-rs-mk3-lz?_pos=2&_sid=668e3ec2f&_ss=r
I'm a little confused on the attachment piece as it says to choose from the Milltek or OE. Not sure what the REMUS piping would need?
Also what is the difference between Decat and 200 Cell Cat ? .. This is a daily drive car if that helps.

Aside from Milltek, is there any other downpipes worth considering, what is the big differences between them?

If you go decat, it will be a bit louder and raspier, and will possibly pop flames, I have decat on mine and it changed the tone, and has an awesome turbo whistle to it, I'm also on e85 so mine shoots quite large flames. I will put some videos on YouTube and link them here, later tonight.

200 cell cat means it's also known as a high flow cat but is still legal.

If its a daily driver, the 200 cell option is probably the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
451 Posts
The catted down pipe would be a bit louder, and the catless would be even louder. Either way, you'd need to run an o2 spacer because the ECU is expecting the efficiency of the OE cat, which aftermarket cats won't provide.

The OE end means that it would have the same stupid re-engineered "v-band" Ford clamp. It depends on if your Remus has that too.. or a slip on. I think most exhausts have the OE flange, but if you can avoid that flange, I'd say go for it. It will reduce (to 2.5" or 2.75"... I can't remember) to match the OE exhaust size, while aftermarket down pipes that have a slip on will maintain the 3" diameter.

For usability, I'd suggest any down pipe that has the downstream o2 bung on that outer edge (like the Milltek you posted). OE, and some other brands, have the downstream o2 bung on the inside of the bend, which makes it a pain to access.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I also have a Remus exhaust and have considered doing a down pipe as well for a bit more sound. The only reason why I am hesitant to do so is the 02 sensor and emissions where i live. Following this for the end result

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you go decat, it will be a bit louder and raspier, and will possibly pop flames, I have decat on mine and it changed the tone, and has an awesome turbo whistle to it, I'm also on e85 so mine shoots quite large flames. I will put some videos on YouTube and link them here, later tonight.

200 cell cat means it's also known as a high flow cat but is still legal.

If its a daily driver, the 200 cell option is probably the best in my opinion.
in for these!
what downpipe did you go with?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Reactions: FU3LD

·
Registered
117 Posts
Scorpion Catless. I'll post em soon
almost ordered a scorpion exhaust, they are one of the best sounding IMO.. may still get the catless dp from them, if I don't decide to spend too much on a downpipe too. Ended up going another route for the exhaust :cool:.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have another question regarding creating burbles/crackles to the car, I'm not talking about pops and bangs which I'm familiar with. Like when an M2, M3 or even an Audi RS3 passes by, I love the sound of the burbles. Is this even possible for the RS?

I know some of you have already mentioned this is only done with a tune, but does it matter if I have stock DP, catted or catless?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have another question regarding creating burbles/crackles to the car, I'm not talking about pops and bangs which I'm familiar with. Like when an M2, M3 or even an Audi RS3 passes by, I love the sound of the burbles. Is this even possible for the RS?

I know some of you have already mentioned this is only done with a tune, but does it matter if I have stock DP, catted or catless?
You talking about the DSG farts??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts