Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any issues with your door gaskets coming loose at the bottom? My rear passenger side has about 12" of the gasket hanging down so much that when you close the door the gasket sticks out.

I put some double sided tape on the rear door to hold it up but now my drivers side has about 6" hanging down.

Looks like these things are just glued on.

Considering I need to have all my recalls done, I may as well see what the dealer says about warranty on this.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Same happened to my passenger rear door. As a temp fix I cleaned both surfaces with alcohol and used 3M body panel tape to re-attach it to door - holding well so far.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Same problem on my left rear door. I was really surprised to find that those seals are not "clipped" on. I think the issue would be less if the seal was connected back onto itself with glue or a barbed insert.

·
Registered
137 Posts
rear drivers side door gasket often hangs out of the car after the door is closed...kind of a pain to close properly and worried about water/seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
17000 Miles on my 2017 that was purchased in 2018. The left rear door seal was replaced at 14000 miles and now I have service scheduled next week to replace the right. Yeah I have received some harassment from my partners in crime about a new car with the seal sticking out of the lower door gap. My experience with these types of architectures is someone asked a Jr Engineer to design a seal and also said there was no budget for the part so make it cheap. Total amateur hour!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Uggg mine just started hanging out last week. Haven't gotten around to calling Ford but I suppose I'll do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
323 Posts
This has been happening since the LW was released in 2011 across all variants. Glue it back with something decent yourself. That is what I have done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My drivers door lower section was coming off. As above, I cleaned both surfaces with alcohol and used 3M body panel tape to re-attach it to door. That was a year ago and no issues since. I was surprised it was just glued in place to begin with.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I had this happen on both passenger side doors. I used this...

It's basically rubber cement. It costs about $5 and this tube has lasted a few years.

I had an older one but it got hard in the tube.(thats what she said)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts