Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the passenger and driver side weatherstrip - door belt, so I can wrap the b and c pillars in vinyl.
Does anyone have any information on this?

Back ones are easy you just pull up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
When you say just pull up. Do you guys literally mean just pull it out? Any pics of how it attaches would be awesome.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Exact same as rears.
It's not the exact same as rears, because that is how I partially broke one where as the rear I was able to completely remove without issue. Maybe I messed up or something is keeping the front ones down, be it a screw or some sort of fastener. It didn't come off as easily as the back one. When I tried to pull the front one up it felt like something was keeping it down.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's not the exact same as rears, because that is how I partially broke one where as the rear I was able to completely remove without issue. Maybe I messed up or something is keeping the front ones down, be it a screw or some sort of fastener. It didn't come off as easily as the back one. When I tried to pull the front one up it felt like something was keeping it down.
I don't know they felt the same to me. Maybe the front, because it's longer feels a little precarious. I also broke one of each, so I don't think it's too different.

·
Registered
306 Posts
When you say just pull up. Do you guys literally mean just pull it out? Any pics of how it attaches would be awesome.
Just pull straight up. It just slots in. Just be care of where it meets the shiny plastic door bezel because that part is really thin. That's where breakages happen. Not the end of the world, since it'll bend before it breaks, but it is slightly unsightly.

I suppose if you want to be really careful, use painters tape underneath the strip where it meets the pain, and use a plastic pry tool to lift it up evenly before removing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just pull straight up. It just slots in. Just be care of where it meets the shiny plastic door bezel because that part is really thin. That's where breakages happen. Not the end of the world, since it'll bend before it breaks, but it is slightly unsightly.

I suppose if you want to be really careful, use painters tape underneath the strip where it meets the pain, and use a plastic pry tool to lift it up evenly before removing.
That's a good idea, I'll give it a go, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts