Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering what the best way was to contact ford (FordService)? I was involved in a crash (someone ran a stop sign and I went into the side of them). It was over 4 months ago and Ford still does not have the bumper bar/reinforcement bar (PN 10922) available. My Mechanic is working through a local dealership and I've called ford service and got the usual runaround. They have no idea when the part will be available. I asked about compensation and ford service said that would be through the dealership that we are getting the part from. WTF - it's not the dealerships fault that Ford won't make the part so I don't expect them to do anything for me (except get the part....)

Really pissed off now with Ford. Any advice would be much appreciated....

BTW please find attached an RS with no Engine in for your viewing "pleasure"

IMAG2006.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
How complicated is the crash bar? Could it be fabricated, so you can get your car back together?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
This really sucks pal.

Social Media.. Start posting on Face Book , Twitter, all the Ford Social Media you can think of, post pictures and ask for help. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Reactions: Paolo

·
Registered
295 Posts
That sucks man. I'm in the same boat with my RS, only it's been a little over a month now to get the correct part from Ford. My shop was quoted a delivery date of Jan. 23rd so hopefully it will be a quick turnaround after that. On a side note, did you have hood damage and if so did they fix it or is Ford sending you a new hood?

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Call Ford Customer Service, not Ford Service, they arranged with the dealer to supply me with a free rental when my ST was laid up for 43 days waiting for a rear upright (same first year shortages).

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
How complicated is the crash bar? Could it be fabricated, so you can get your car back together?
No shop doing a insurance repair would EVER fabricate a new crash bar. They would not take on the liability. Its a OEM part or nothing at this point.

You have tried speaking to the regional manager right? The Service Manager can get in touch with Ford that way, or you can work through @FordService on these forums.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This really sucks pal.

Social Media.. Start posting on Face Book , Twitter, all the Ford Social Media you can think of, post pictures and ask for help. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I think I'm going to start doing that soon - I tried to link to @FordService on the post too but I'm crap I couldn't seem to get it to work

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would they remove the engine? Is it that tight? Wouldn't the labor, parts, chassis damage, and downtime, be enough for a total loss under insurance? Not that I would want that to happen. Is the bumper part the same as a crash bar?
http://http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Dead-Hook-Motorsports-Focus-ST-Front-Race-Crash-Bar The link is for the FoST, but they might be making one soon for the RS, or maybe can be fabbed to fit.
Been through all this with the Insurance company and Mechanic. I actually got a second opinion regarding the engine (And went with the second guy who I trust implicitly) but it seems like for the damage involved both said the engine needed to come out in order to replace parts and do the frame work so there it is. Insurance said it was not total loss for damage although I don't think they really knew what it was (The rental car charges are piling up I know that...)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks man. I'm in the same boat with my RS, only it's been a little over a month now to get the correct part from Ford. My shop was quoted a delivery date of Jan. 23rd so hopefully it will be a quick turnaround after that. On a side note, did you have hood damage and if so did they fix it or is Ford sending you a new hood?
@Steve Are you waiting for the same part too? Good luck my friend and yes I'm getting a new hood but I haven't heard any issues about that part - Do you have any info?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Call Ford Customer Service, not Ford Service, they arranged with the dealer to supply me with a free rental when my ST was laid up for 43 days waiting for a rear upright (same first year shortages).
I'm pretty sure it was Ford Customer Service who I called - I do have a rental through the insurance company but after 4 months I'm not sure how much longer that will last...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was Ford Customer Service who I called - I do have a rental through the insurance company but after 4 months I'm not sure how much longer that will last...
I would argue that if the other party is at fault they owe you a car until your's is fixed.

·
Registered
965 Posts
@tweekzilla, I have always thought this car had a tight engine bay, hard to work on. I guess it's very true. Well since last year was such a mess here's to a better new year. Hope you get every compensation and then some.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
This royally sucks for anybody having to wait that long for parts on a 1st year run vehicle.

Don't you think the repair shop would eventually charge some sort of storage fee to have your vehicle in their shop for over 4 months? Ouch!

I would seriously doubt your RS is stuck up on that lift for 4 months. They have other vehicles to work on. Do you think they push it outside each day and bring it back in? That's what they typically do around here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
@tweekzilla, I have always thought this car had a tight engine bay, hard to work on. I guess it's very true. Well since last year was such a mess here's to a better new year. Hope you get every compensation and then some.
Very tight engine bay, I couldn't even reach the battery neutral to help jump start another car!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very tight engine bay, I couldn't even reach the battery neutral to help jump start another car!
This.

I remember when they started manufacturing they were talking about how it's difficult to stuff the 2.3 into the engine bay.
Doesn't it have an extender that runs to the front? The St did... Haven't checked my RS yet

1 - 20 of 40 Posts