Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out if the base RS includes navigation or if only the RS2 package includes navigation.

So both come with the SYNC3 unit.

The description for the RS2 package:
rs2.jpg

The description for the base package:
base.jpg

Maybe it's just me but it would almost seem like the base package would include navigation. I'm still a bit unclear as to what "Available navigation" means.
I have two guesses.
The first is that the RS2 package uses navigation and is able to overlay Sirius information, e.g., traffic, and the base package just simply uses navigation information based on software like tom tom.
The second is that the RS2 package uses navigation and the base package does not come with navigation but can be upgraded to include a subscription/update to obtain navigation.

Lastly, the "details" on the RS might indicate that navigation (of any kind) is on the SYNC3 regardless of RS2 package or base package.
details.jpg

Also, gte wrote a great post here: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/16-focus-rs-performance/444-official-known-information-focus-rs.html
It seems to suggest that the navigation only comes with the RS2 package.

·
Registered
971 Posts
C
Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out if the base RS includes navigation or if only the RS2 package includes navigation.

So both come with the SYNC3 unit.

The description for the RS2 package:
View attachment 2581

The description for the base package:
View attachment 2582

Maybe it's just me but it would almost seem like the base package would include navigation. I'm still a bit unclear as to what "Available navigation" means.
I have two guesses.
The first is that the RS2 package uses navigation and is able to overlay Sirius information, e.g., traffic, and the base package just simply uses navigation information based on software like tom tom.
The second is that the RS2 package uses navigation and the base package does not come with navigation but can be upgraded to include a subscription/update to obtain navigation.

Lastly, the "details" on the RS might indicate that navigation (of any kind) is on the SYNC3 regardless of RS2 package or base package.
View attachment 2583

Also, gte wrote a great post here: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/16-focus-rs-performance/444-official-known-information-focus-rs.html
It seems to suggest that the navigation only comes with the RS2 package.
My understanding is it only comes on RS2 spec for USA.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No navigation on RS1. From what I read somewhere, you get a digital compass in it's place.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Wish we got Android Auto. My phone has GPS already, don't need another piece of hardware for it, but better integration with the much larger and more conveniently placed screen on the dash would be nice

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
That would be epic. Love that app.
This has to be coming soon. The idea of real-time shared traffic info is too good for Google not to be actively working with car manufacturers to get this integrated. I'm not the only one not opting to pay for navigation systems in vehicles because all I use is Waze.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It does have the same touch screen though, I think this is why it's confusing

·
Registered
305 Posts
This has to be coming soon. The idea of real-time shared traffic info is too good for Google not to be actively working with car manufacturers to get this integrated. I'm not the only one not opting to pay for navigation systems in vehicles because all I use is Waze.
No you are not. Even before Waze, Googles free Navigation was miles ahead of any in car crap that was offered by any manufacturer. And how about price point? Free vs. $800......

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just bought some strong Nite-Ize "ball" type magnets and used my iPad Mini right below the standard touch screen. Worked great! There's your Waze (love the UI update, couldn't have done it better myself XD), and with iOS9 on the iPads you can have two apps open, so there's your music app and Waze. S/O to Ford for trying to push their SYNC3, which is why Android Auto/Apple CarPlay have yet to be introduced in Ford cars..

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I ordered RS2 because of all the other stuff but the In-dash nav is nice. I my experience I cant 100% depend on my cell phone carriers GPS to work properly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just bought some strong Nite-Ize "ball" type magnets and used my iPad Mini right below the standard touch screen. Worked great! There's your Waze (love the UI update, couldn't have done it better myself XD), and with iOS9 on the iPads you can have two apps open, so there's your music app and Waze. S/O to Ford for trying to push their SYNC3, which is why Android Auto/Apple CarPlay have yet to be introduced in Ford cars..
I thought the Focus RS would come with CarPlay and Android Auto on both on both RS1 and RS2.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Why is everyone failing to mention that cell phones do not have service in all areas. Multiple times in my Ford Fusion, I have used the Navigation on road trips through back country and areas that have zero cell phone service. Without that Nav in my car, I could of easily taken a wrong road, especially when navigating back roads it can be very confusing if you do not have navigation. All you people who say you use an Iphone for nav or your android phone, do you never travel outside of the city? Do you never go camping to unknown places you have never been before? I choose a new place EVERY year to go camping, never really return to the same place. I like adventure and seeing new places so the in dash Nav is 100% necessary for me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why is everyone failing to mention that cell phones do not have service in all areas. MULTIPLE times my Ford Fusion, I have used the Navigation on road trips through back country and areas that have ZERO cell phone service. Without that Nav in my car, I could of easily taken a wrong road, especially when navigating back roads it can be very confusing if you do not have navigation. All you people who say you use an Iphone for nav or your android phone, do you never travel outside of the city? Do you never go camping to unknown places you have never been before? I choose a new place EVERY year to go camping, never really return to the same place. I like adventure and seeing new places so the in dash Nav is 100% necessary for me.
The in-dash nav is definitely useful when you unexpectedly lose cell signal. With and iPhone or Android phone most mapping apps will now cache the data if you turn on the setting so even if you lose cell signal the maps are preloaded and the GPS will still work. Re-routing won't always work but depends on the app your using.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts