Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the dealers I spoke with, said that only 2500 were allocated for the entire USA in 2016. There are probably over 5k dealerships lol.

·
Registered
520 Posts
No one knows for sure. Ford hasn't publicly mentioned how many or if there's even going to be a MY17. Hopefully that'll all start to trickle out after the holidays.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
2500 is a decent amount.

VW only makes 2500-3000 R's a year and they always end up giving them away at the end of the year.

There isn't a very big market for cars like these in the US.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
2500 is also the number that I got from my dealer but no body is for sure. It probably really all boils down to how many are going to be ordered and who knows maybe there won't be a 2017 RS depending on sales of the 2016....

·
Registered
421 Posts
my dealership alluded that they had only 2 available but it seems no had gone in and expressed interest in either some they were happy to sell one. I'm guessing there will more available next year (two weeks) that factory in Germany looked huge. Good Luck to all I think there will plenty available ford wants your money.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There might be 10k built worldwide, but I would say no more than 3000 will ever make it to this shore for MY16. If all are spoken for by mid year, Ford my increase the MY17 production past whatever backorder there is. But I wouldn't count on anything after that. The vanilla Focus is getting a ground up overhaul for MY18 so I'm 99% sure the RS will not be making a return visit for that year.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
ya 10,000 seems way high when most dealerships who are getting allocations are usually only getting one RS. Some are getting 2 but I'm sure many dealerships are not getting one any.

·
Registered
466 Posts
ya 10,000 seems way high when most dealerships who are getting allocations are usually only getting one RS. Some are getting 2 but I'm sure many dealerships are not getting one any.
Here in Colorado there were some dealerships with 10 allocations so it may just be the market. We have a crap load of STI's and EVO's though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here in Colorado there were some dealerships with 10 allocations so it may just be the market. We have a crap load of STI's and EVO's though.
From what I understand, dealerships get allocations based on the amount of performance cars they have sold. I've heard mostly that it's based off how many FoST they sold and that would seem to make the most sense.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You can probably thank Heuberger for that. They sell more WRX/STIs than any other Subaru dealership in the country.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can probably thank Heuberger for that. They sell more WRX/STIs than any other Subaru dealership in the country.
Manchester Subaru in NH also sells a TON I don't know the number but its the most on the east coast. It would be interesting to see how New England compares to CO and surrounding states.

·
Registered
466 Posts
For the model years 2010-14 they couldn't keep WRX/STI on the lots and were charging an arm and a leg for them(Other dealerships besides Heuberger). Now the new ones just sit there lol.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I wouldn't think there was much flexibility in the parts pipelines for these cars. All the unique RS parts need to be planned for well in advance, and suppliers don't want to keep any inventory laying around. I would expect that MY16 numbers were now locked. If demand is huge then MY17 (if planned) might be able to be expanded 10-15% but they would need those numbers pretty soon as well, by something like March at the latest.

The days of having mounds of raw material laying around so the plant can slap together a few extra 10K units are long gone, and our build quality is the better for it.

My two 1980's hot rods (81 Malibu and 87 Grand National) are so far down the quality curve compared to the current ST (never mind the RS) that they look like they were assembled in a 3rd world country.

Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
My sales guy at Suburban Ford in Sterling Heights Mi told me they sold the most FoST and FiST of any dealer last year. They got 15 allocations. I got 1 of em. :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
For the model years 2010-14 they couldn't keep WRX/STI on the lots and were charging an arm and a leg for them(Other dealerships besides Heuberger). Now the new ones just sit there lol.
Indeed. Heuberger is absolutely giving them away now. I was given a quote of under 35K for an STI with a MSRP of 39.5k. Still not enough to get me back in a STI.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Indeed. Heuberger is absolutely giving them away now. I was given a quote of under 35K for an STI with a MSRP of 39.5k. Still not enough to get me back in a STI.
That discount isn't enough to offset the cost of a new motor when the ticking time-bomb EJ inevitably blows :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts