Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
Yes, it's a PB FoST and I own a TB FiST that's my daughter's daily driver.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes I own an ST.

I love almost everything about it except...

It's missing about 100hp/tq and all wheel drive.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Yes, I own a 2013 Ford focus ST,ST3 w moon roof. It is a great car and I love everything about it except the torque steer and the way it handles hard power in the curves; rear wheel drive S2000 is so much better. The radio is very good and I like the Bluetooth and Sync voice interface. Very good mileage ( RS will be 3 mpg less across the board: city 20, highway 29, overall 23) but that is okay. I like
way the small turbo comes on almost immediately with no turbo lag; I am hoping the RS turbo lag will be minimal. I like that it is pretty quiet on the highway and you can hear the audio. No problems in 40K miles.

I am really looking forward to the RS with AWD and as they say "you can never have too much power".

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Awesome, I test drove one of those. I didn't but it, but it got me interested in Foci ;)
People laugh when I say I drive a 2002 focus, but it only has 57k miles and is a blast to drive. I certainly have the means to drive something new but I love it, especially after the supercharger install. It will split time with the RS

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 13 PB Focus ST, love this thing. I had it stage 3+ for almost 50k miles with no problems so far. Just sold all the parts to make way for the RS. All I have to do now is sell the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2013 PB ST3 with 40,000+ fun miles. New tires at 27,000. New brake pads at 35,000. Average mileage = 25.7 (actual calculations). It still brings a smile to my face driving mountain roads.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep! 2013 PB ST3. Just under 28k miles. Just wish I could sell the damn thing! It's been three months since I offered it for sale. It's going to CarMax soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I own a 2013 Ford focus ST,ST3 w moon roof. It is a great car and I love everything about it except the torque steer and the way it handles hard power in the curves; rear wheel drive S2000 is so much better. The radio is very good and I like the Bluetooth and Sync voice interface. Very good mileage ( RS will be 3 mpg less across the board: city 20, highway 29, overall 23) but that is okay. I like
way the small turbo comes on almost immediately with no turbo lag; I am hoping the RS turbo lag will be minimal. I like that it is pretty quiet on the highway and you can hear the audio. No problems in 40K miles.

I am really looking forward to the RS with AWD and as they say "you can never have too much power".

YMMV,

MidCow3
Turbo lag will definitely be more on the RS - closer to that of the STI, hopefully not quite as much

I have an ST and I love the car except in the winter - miss that AWD :(. Though yes the turning radius sucks, and the stereo is complete garbage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
nope wrx guy but always like them. A faster one with awd... yes please... assuming I can ever get one. :-/

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I like my ST but it is just not the car for me. I crave hardcore performance and the ST is not that but a refined sporty compact just like the ST badge represents. It is an amazingly fun car but for it to be what I want it to be I would have to keep modding.

If the RS wasn't coming out this is what I would do.

EFR6258, I want that turbo to keep spooling up top but also do not want to dampen that great throttle response.

Wavetrac LSD, The ST really has trouble putting power down and can easily roast the inside tire especially with all that TQ and immediate throttle response.

I would upgrade the clutch at the same time, as for what I don't know. I havn't researched in over a year due to the RS. I will say I loved my Stage 3 KY clutch in my balt, but instead of Ceramic I would probably go Kevlar due to being more slip friendly around town, and I have a lot of hills. I use to have to dump the clutch on my Balt and spin the tires so I wouldn't annihilate the clutch up big hills.

AP Racing brakes

Again I haven't researched in a while but at the time the best damper system out there was the GC kit using Koni Yellows and Eibach springs, but I would really love a set of MCS dampers.

I would swap out all the bushings for stiffer ones.

A set of lightweight Forged Wheels.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Turbo lag will definitely be more on the RS - closer to that of the STI, hopefully not quite as much

I have an ST and I love the car except in the winter - miss that AWD :(. Though yes the turning radius sucks, and the stereo is complete garbage.
RyguyC,

I am betting the RS turbo lag is going to be just a little more than then ST and a lot less than STI or Golf R :)

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
43 Posts
RyguyC,

I am betting the RS turbo lag is going to be just a little more than then ST and a lot less than STI or Golf R :)

YMMV,

MidCow3
Hopefully, I chose the ST over the STI because of the lag...part of why I'm afraid to buy an RS without a test drive.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 2014 ST, ST3 Performance Blue. And it's going up for sale in the coming days. Time to get ready for the RS. Seeing the ST before I hit 50,000 miles, currently at 44,000 and I have loved every one of those miles!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
21 Participants
burke753
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing