Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the dealers have gotten together and decided they want to all charge ADM for the RS initial allocations. Honestly MSRP is decent as the dealers are making at least 2900 to 3000 in the most popular RS build configurations.

That being said, there are threads in most of the regional forums that have a dealer ADM blacklist and ways to avoid paying ADM by going to another dealer, even out of state, and having the vehicle dropped to your local dealer. This is what I did, I used an MSRP dealer and am having my RS drop shipped to MD (from the shipping port) to a local dealer in MD. I needed the local dealer shipping code, a contact point and it will cost me $250 for the PPI, etc that the local dealer has to do.

If they can collude, so can we. If we punish the dealers that are adding markup, but going out of state and patronizing the dealers that are asking MSRP, the ADM dealers will not have initial allocation sales to get cars (as you need a specific customer name to order from the initial allocation) or their allocations will be diminished as the enthusiasts will patronize other dealers.

I believe in their capitalistic ability to charge what they think the market will bring (without collusion of course), but I believe in our right to punish them for doing this in the manner referenced above.

Here is a link to one of the dealer ADM blacklist threads in the North East. If you've started one of these threads, post it here and I'll add it to this post.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/21-north-eastern-rs-owners/632-maryland-nova-dc-potential-rs-buyers-adm-dealer-blacklist.html#post11858

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wish I would have read this before I put my order in. Atleast i am getting one, still have some time to haggle with them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since when? I have a text from NorthStar Ford Cochrane saying they will be charging $5,000 ADM. I said I wasn't interested in above MSRP and they basically said good luck with that.

They weren't the only ones in the Calgary region to say they were charging ADm.

tou could do that. ....or just move to Canada. None of that nonsense here!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Since when? I have a text from NorthStar Ford Cochrane saying they will be charging $5,000 ADM. I said I wasn't interested in above MSRP and they basically said good luck with that.

They weren't the only ones in the Calgary region to say they were charging ADm.
Yikes!!! Maybe I got lucky. Got mine for $1500 below MSRP. I'm gonna call a few dealers tomorrow around my area and see what they say.

PS: what does ADM stand for? Sounds like a mark up, just can't figure out the acronym.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ADM is just a markup. Additional Dealer Markup.

I think you'd be the only one to see that kind of a discount on these forums. The only other one I've seen here was $100 below MSRP.

Do you have a signed deal from the dealership on that?

Yikes!!! Maybe I got lucky. Got mine for $1500 below MSRP. I'm gonna call a few dealers tomorrow around my area and see what they say.

PS: what does ADM stand for? Sounds like a mark up, just can't figure out the acronym.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know how so many of you are getting MSRP and under deals. I've called dozens of dealerships across the US and the best price I've had is $2000 over which I declined :mad:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don't know how so many of you are getting MSRP and under deals. I've called dozens of dealerships across the US and the best price I've had is $2000 over which I declined :mad:
I had two dealers offering MSRP. One offered $100 under to get my business. Tell all of the dealers that you are only interested in paying MSRP or less. Make sure you give them your number and tell them to call you back when they change their minds. I had one of about a dozen local dealers call me back, but it only takes one. Apparently I made an impression when I literally just walked out of the dealership when he told me $3k ADM lol.

·
Registered
418 Posts
ADM is just a markup. Additional Dealer Markup.

I think you'd be the only one to see that kind of a discount on these forums. The only other one I've seen here was $100 below MSRP.

Do you have a signed deal from the dealership on that?
Yes, of course I do! Sales receipt as well as a DORA.
FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Freedom ford here in Edmonton Alberta said their markup is 10000, and he said normally the markup is 20000, but if you put down deposit right now u can get for msrp plus 10000 ...... i just hung up (BTW its not a mistake its actually 10,000 not 1000 dollars)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm astounded at the number of dealers trying to force an ADM. My dealer offered 300 below invoice, as is their policy for every single car they sell. The are a high volume dealership and get rewarded for it since they always get a high amount of allocations (I think they got 6 RS allocations) and have fierce loyalty from their members at their Ford and Subaru dealerships.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My father just went to two ford dealers in/around Eugene Oregon. One had $5,000 ADM and the other a wopping over $30,000 ADM markup!!!! so he bought a 2015 GT mustang for 33,$$$. Nutts!!! Kendall ford in Eugene or Springfield.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same experience in Austin. Called 8 dealerships in the area. ADMs ranging from $1500 to $6000. I'm awaiting calls back from 2 of them to see whether they accept my MSRP or nothing offer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Freedom ford here in Edmonton Alberta said their markup is 10000, and he said normally the markup is 20000, but if you put down deposit right now u can get for msrp plus 10000 ...... i just hung up (BTW its not a mistake its actually 10,000 not 1000 dollars)
That's ridiculous, all dealers in the GTA I contacted were doing MSRP.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go rural! I couldn't find anything at MSRP in Austin, Dallas Houston or San Antonio..... First rural dealership i called had 2 allocated RSs and said that it is against their policy to post an ADM. They think it is fundamentally wrong (applause). I fortunately got their 2nd allocation.

Point is, find a small - medium volume dealer outside of major cities. That seems to be the sweet spot

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went in and reserved mine at MSRP, two weeks later when I went in to put down my deposit the dealer told me that corporate is making them mark up 5k over MSRP because of availability. Then they told me that since we had already agreed on the price they would honor it. I'm getting RS1, FW, with forged wheels.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's what I did, I test drove an ST in Fayetteville NC and told them they would have my business. Will all the army people around the area they know that they will pay whatever price they would throw at them, so I went out of town and had no issues.

Go rural! I couldn't find anything at MSRP in Austin, Dallas Houston or San Antonio..... First rural dealership i called had 2 allocated RSs and said that it is against their policy to post an ADM and that think it is fundamentally wrong (applause). I fortunately got their 2nd allocation.

Point is, find a small - medium volume dealer outside of major cities. That seems to be the sweet spot

Cheers

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
About this Discussion
163 Replies
107 Participants
sneakercrazy616
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing