Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In addition to what @lucky phil said, LSPI has likely taken out a few blocks. Please make sure that you're using the correct oil (see oil thread) when doing changes.

Long story short, your car should be fine. You are pushing the limits of a stock block with your power output, but as long as you aren't going flat out all the time and have a good tune you'll be ok.
Like TT wrote i have the mountune 400 and its 400 hp in the Engine am i pushing the limits?

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Like TT wrote i have the mountune 400 and its 400 hp in the Engine am i pushing the limits?
No, you are not pushing the engine too hard. Just drive it, use top grade SN Plus oils and have fun!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Okey i saw a video of it now.
But now in getting cold feets after reading about all the cracked enginblocks out there. 😔😔
And this car is tuned so i cant get it fixed under waranty.
What to do? Mayby its better to buy a car thats it not tuned.??😨

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
You guys should bear in mind that the guy is from Sweden and it is not 400 HP at the wheels.
We tend to stick to crank values in Europe when reporting power.
Having said that, the car is not really abused at 400 hp.
Mine is running for almost 2 years now at 420 Hp crank.
It was initially 440 hp crank.

Good fuel, don't floor it in 4-5-6 under 2200 RPM and the car will not cause any issues.
Outside of the normal ones :).
Yes all true.

Ciao

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Was this the anser to my last post?
This is an answer to the quote that Europeans talk of crank HP and Americans tend to use wheel HP as a measure. 400 crank horsepower is no problem for this engine and it's very rare to have block cracking in a std engine. Oil seepage at the head gasket area images you posted is common and no big deal. Does that cover it?

Ciao

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Or get pulled over by the cops.... at least twice. When you do, pray you’re in GmpaJimj’s neck of the woods. 👮‍♀️
If I am around @GmpaJimj neck of the woods and get stop by his cop friend:

"Ms. Occifer, you can stop me anytime!"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This is an answer to the quote that Europeans talk of crank HP and Americans tend to use wheel HP as a measure. 400 crank horsepower is no problem for this engine and it's very rare to have block cracking in a std engine. Oil seepage at the head gasket area images you posted is common and no big deal. Does that cover it?

Ciao
Whana could this be Leaking from
C gasket from the factory and same head. All heads are the same. Some of the very first 2016 heads were supposedly cast by Yamaha before Ford went in house but they were very very early and the heads were the same spec.
Ciao

Whana could this be Leaking from

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
How do you check the engine build date? Is there a label on the engine somewhere? I’ve been told on here before that if the build date inside the drivers side door says 10/17 & newer then is has the correct head gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
735 Posts
How do you check the engine build date? Is there a label on the engine somewhere? I’ve been told on here before that if the build date inside the drivers side door says 10/17 & newer then is has the correct head gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the sticker on the rocker cover.
Also, the car only has 1 head gasket.

·
Registered
735 Posts
A quick search for oil leaks gets me 472 results.....should be able to find your answer in that lot??

21 - 37 of 37 Posts