Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Are you interested in an aluminum front splitter?

• Absolutely yes!

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • Nah I’m good with plastic

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
201 - 205 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Looks like they stuck you in the Subaru class by accident
That's basically any rallycross/ice racing in the country lol. When I was doing rallycross, 2WD class would be 80% 2.5RSs, 4WD class would be 90% WRXs/STI and 4WD modified would be...you guessed it! Modified WRX/STIs!

Ahah yeah apart from a V8 swapped Porsche I was the only other non-Subaru car in the group!

The school uses WRX and 2.5RS, other participants that used their own cars mostly used WRX also as you noticed!

The swapped Porsche was the guy’s winter beater! Even had fitted a hydraulic handbrake with dedicated rear calipers! He runs a V8 swapped Cayman in the summer!
I don't know this guy, but I feel that we would get along very well lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update on DD use. I bought the front skid plate as I do a large amount of winter highway driving for work and spend my weekends on somewhat unmaintained, unpaved backroads. We have had a few decent sized snow storms which resulted in accumulation on the road and snow/ice chunks from tractor trailers lying in wait for the front lip of my car. Coming home this past weekend one such ice chunk found the mark. Resulting in a cockeyed skid plate and broken front bumper cover. I believe the skidplate has been pushed back on the drivers side and pulled forward on the passenger side. Completely cracking the drivers side mount and leaving the passenger side holding on for dear life. Haven't had the opportunity to take measurements to verify my suspicions but will have to dig into this weekend as I now have rubbing during turning.

Focus 1.jpg

Guess it is time to look at new bumper covers, and what it is going to take to straighten this thing back out. I know my application of this skidplate is not really what it was intended for, but was hoping it would fare better.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Ouch dude. Yeah my bumpers all broken like that too. I just consider it more quick release now.

Out of curiosity are you lowered or OEM height? I hit some good chunks of ice on the way up to ice racing but they didn’t act like cement

·
Registered
3 Posts
The car is lowered on mountune black springs. I did get through last winter with the stock front skid plate. Definitely hit a couple last year too, but it was at stock height. May be the difference. Gotta love living in a place with winter weather 6 months of the year.

201 - 205 of 205 Posts