Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everyone! I wanted to make a quick post on easy DIY I recently completed. This was quite inexpensive only needing one box of laminate wood flooring, and I think it turned out pretty nice. Welp anyway I know this not an exciting power mod, and might not be to everyones liking, but hey it was a great way to spend a few hours :victorious:

diy 1.jpg diy 2.jpg diy 3.jpg diy 4.jpg diy 5.jpg

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Cool idea!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just don't expect anything tossed in the hatch to remotely stay put....plus add a light ball over it and you have a dance floor:)

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just don't expect anything tossed in the hatch to remotely stay put....plus add a light ball over it and you have a dance floor:)
Ill put in a disco ball if you bring the refreshments :very_drunk:

Well that's unique.

I like it.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm not a fan as I don't think it matches the style of a car at all...but each to their own so if you like it that is all that matters. I am a soccer coach so a slippery trunk would drive me insane with my supplies sliding around back there!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree, definitely different and unique. I like it a lot actually it looks really cool and you totally wouldn't expect that haha. I have to agree with anything you put back there sliding around so not the most practical but still very cool.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was actually considering doing something similar but with felt covered 1/8" plywood. Planning on taking out the rear subwoofer and foam storage bins and replacing it with the flat board to get a little bit more trunk space back.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey man!

Cant believe this old thread got revived! So since the vinyl flooring I did just as you mentioned, I thought it would be sunshine and roses, but there is an arch that doesn't allow everything to sit flat, probably an easy work around but I am a bit lazy in a sense. So here is a picture of the sub box I build to hold all the stock components thats "somewhat" easily removable when I have a lot to haul or to cut weight for the track, cuz lord knows I am not losing any weight :rofl2:

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

I was actually considering doing something similar but with felt covered 1/8" plywood. Planning on taking out the rear subwoofer and foam storage bins and replacing it with the flat board to get a little bit more trunk space back.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I was thinking of doing this a while ago, but kinda passed on the idea because of time and effort(was summer and hot as hell).

What you've done looks great.

How much weight does it add? And did you have to apply the flooring to any kind of sub floor like 1/4" plywood?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts