Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Can you expand a little more on where your noise was coming from and what you did? Where exactly did you apply the gummi pfledge? My driver's door constantly rattles and I have narrowed it down to it moving against the black plastic seal at the top part of the door (part that attaches to the car body frame, not on the door). Even at <5mph in my parking garage I can hear it move and rattle. I am wondering whether your idea of applying gummi will help me get rid of the annoying sound?
I applied the gummi pflege to every single seal that sees movement from the door, including the seal that you're referring to. It's easy to apply it too, just press the tube against the seal and dab it on then wipe gently to spread it out.

The annoying noises were quieted down significantly (I couldn't notice them at all anymore), but it seems you need to reapply it every 6 months or so as the noises has come back faintly. My seals still have a nice soft texture to them, but the fuzzy seals on the door seem to dry out quickly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I applied the gummi pflege to every single seal that sees movement from the door, including the seal that you're referring to. It's easy to apply it too, just press the tube against the seal and dab it on then wipe gently to spread it out.

The annoying noises were quieted down significantly (I couldn't notice them at all anymore), but it seems you need to reapply it every 6 months or so as the noises has come back faintly. My seals still have a nice soft texture to them, but the fuzzy seals on the door seem to dry out quickly.
Thanks so much, definitely helps! I guess I'll order some right away from Amazon. I should have been more specific, the seal I am referring to is the plastic seal at the top part of the body frame. Near where your head is while sitting in the drivers seat. You probably knew what I meant but I am just clarifying. The gummi should work on a non-rubber seal too?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks so much, definitely helps! I guess I'll order some right away from Amazon. I should have been more specific, the seal I am referring to is the plastic seal at the top part of the body frame. Near where your head is while sitting in the drivers seat. You probably knew what I meant but I am just clarifying. The gummi should work on a non-rubber seal too?
Are you referring to the actual B-pillar cover on the interior of the car or the seal that trims the door opening on the body?

·
Registered
102 Posts
RS interior.jpg
Are you referring to the actual B-pillar cover on the interior of the car or the seal that trims the door opening on the body?
Not the B-pillar. The seal that trims the door opening on the body of the car (black plastic piece). So if you're standing outside and looking into the car with the driver's door open, in the top right corner, the black plastic. Sorry I would take a picture of the piece I'm talking about and upload it but I'm at work and can't get to the car right now

EDIT: My Bad!! It is actually mounted on the door not the body. So sorry. Here's a picture with an arrow showing the piece I am referring to. The part of this piece closest to your left ear when you're driving is what makes a crazy rattle and moves about so much, basically this whole plastic piece on the door. Do you think gummi will help on this?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
No I do not think Gumby will help.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Not the B-pillar. The seal that trims the door opening on the body of the car (black plastic piece). So if you're standing outside and looking into the car with the driver's door open, in the top right corner, the black plastic. Sorry I would take a picture of the piece I'm talking about and upload it but I'm at work and can't get to the car right now

EDIT: My Bad!! It is actually mounted on the door not the body. So sorry. Here's a picture with an arrow showing the piece I am referring to. The part of this piece closest to your left ear when you're driving is what makes a crazy rattle and moves about so much, basically this whole plastic piece on the door. Do you think gummi will help on this?
If that piece is actually moving you'll need to figure out why. Mine is pretty solidly mounted. If the seal that touches that plastic is rubbing then the gummi will help, but not if the plastic piece moves.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If that piece is actually moving you'll need to figure out why. Mine is pretty solidly mounted. If the seal that touches that plastic is rubbing then the gummi will help, but not if the plastic piece moves.
It moves slightly but based on the sound you would think it moves a lot. Yes, I do think it is the seal that is touching that plastic and resulting in the sound so I guess its worth trying gummi. It's pretty cheap, so worst case its not a huge waste of money. Thanks so much @DocWalt!
I showed my dealer and he calmly told me to "live with it".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just want to say thank you! I had a weird metalic cracking sound since a month now in my Ford Mondeo mk5 2015, mostly in a hot days.

I tried everything from the internet with no luck at all. Then I found this topic... Oh Man! I bought a white lithium grease, spent 1h with the car and this sound is completely gone!

Thank you so much. I was about to sell the car haha 😂 Have a good one!

Cheers,
Rafal

21 - 28 of 28 Posts