·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet it's not cheap. The gaming computer to run ultra settings would cost $800-1,200 or more. The three tv screens maybe another $600+ and that's cheap. Then the seat and wheel, peddles and shifter I have no idea, but I'm sure it's not cheap. This could run $2,500-3000 spankers. I'll keep my eye out on Craigslist lol.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yes please. Anyone know what setup that is or is it custom?
That's a lot of custom stuff. If you ever want to go down that road, I can aim you. Although it's like pushing someone off a cash cliff. You can burn LOTS of money. >;-)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I bet it's not cheap. The gaming computer to run ultra settings would cost $800-1,200 or more. The three tv screens maybe another $600+ and that's cheap. Then the seat and wheel, peddles and shifter I have no idea, but I'm sure it's not cheap. This could run $2,500-3000 spankers. I'll keep my eye out on Craigslist lol.
It'd run quite a bit more than that. Have looked down that road... and driven part of it. We should have a sim rig thread. DAMN good fun.

And you have a reset button for when you sail into the woods, a wall, creek, oncoming traffic, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
My gaming PC is over $4k on its own and I built it. Only has 2 monitors right now. Each graphics card was about $1k when I bought them and I got a couple in it, then the 2 of my 5 drives were about $500/ea, think the other 3 were about $250/ea. I do have the Logitech G25.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's a lot of custom stuff. If you ever want to go down that road, I can aim you. Although it's like pushing someone off a cash cliff. You can burn LOTS of money. >;-)
I'd be interested in some pointers. I'm a big believer in the value if simm'ing...and it's fun...currently just doing it x-box style + seat and wheel / pedal setup.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'd rather spend the money on an actual car. :p
MoAr fun to do it BOTH ways. You can't drive the real cars ALL the time. ;-)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'd be interested in some pointers. I'm a big believer in the value if simm'ing...and it's fun...currently just doing it x-box style + seat and wheel / pedal setup.
If I was gonna jump off that cliff, I'd call up Ricmotech and talk to Frank, the owner. Super nice guy, and more than willing to discuss strategies on building a sim rig. I haven't gone the PC route yet, because I'd rather just be able to sit down and play... not fiddle with the PC, which is NOT my forte. Anyhow, Frank recommends a standalone gaming PC, that serves NO other purpose. In fact he won't build you one unless you promise it will be for gaming only. Ricmotech Simulation Racing Equipment

Right now I'm using a PS3 with Thrustmaster T500 RS pedals/wheel, Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, on a Carriage Works VRC1000 chassis, Buttkicker, and a Kirkey roadrace seat. It's REAL solid, and simple. Have still been thinking about building a PC, but will probably just waive the white flag and go PS4 once there are a few more driving games on it. I just don't want to fight the PC. If I was a "PC Guru", I'd go that route for sure!

Had a GameRacer chassis before this, which was awesome, but the VRC was my next step up. I wish I had unlimited funds, and I'd buy a full motion rig. Priced those out, but for the real killer stuff they start at about 70k. And that probably would require hospitalization or at least a short stint in the psych ward. ;)

Go spend some time watching reviews and videos on ISRTV and spend some time on their website. LOTS of fun stuff to look at, for those times when you can't be driving the RS ( LIKE NOW!!! ), or when you want to drive a bunch or unobtainium cars on Das Ring, etc... Loads and loads of fun. https://www.youtube.com/user/simracingtonight

·
Registered
898 Posts
Used to love the Megane Trophy Cup on rFactor ... so many tracks ... loved driving the Nordschleife.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts