Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been meaning to install my LED bulbs for the brake lights and turn signals. I had to request another set of resistors since they did not come with the original package but now I'm a little stumped on what wires are the ground, brake, and turn signals. Does anyone happen to have installed their bulbs and also installed 4 total resistors. I don't want to attempt it and mess up just from being impatient.

A wire diagram would be great and if anyone has a step by step procedure it would be greatly appreciated..............or at the very least a picture of the tail light out with arrows pointing out what is the brake wire, turning signal wire, and ground wire. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hey guys I have been meaning to install my LED bulbs for the brake lights and turn signals. I had to request another set of resistors since they did not come with the original package but now I'm a little stumped on what wires are the ground, brake, and turn signals. Does anyone happen to have installed their bulbs and also installed 4 total resistors. I don't want to attempt it and mess up just from being impatient.

A wire diagram would be great and if anyone has a step by step procedure it would be greatly appreciated..............or at the very least a picture of the tail light out with arrows pointing out what is the brake wire, turning signal wire, and ground wire. Thanks in advance!
Once you pop the taillight out, it's very obvious which wires feed which bulb. You should only need a single resistor in the turn signals to cover all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tail Light and Reverse don't require resistors. The only one that needs it are the turn signals. The turn signal is the only orange bulb in the housing of each tail light.

You also only need one on each side in the rears. Once you have resistors in place in the rear, they also cover the fronts if ever you decide to change the front turn signals to led.

You can check out Diode Dynamics video on how to install the resistors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tail Light and Reverse don't require resistors. The only one that needs it are the turn signals. The turn signal is the only orange bulb in the housing of each tail light.

You also only need one on each side in the rears. Once you have resistors in place in the rear, they also cover the fronts if ever you decide to change the front turn signals to led.

So are you saying, once you install the resistors in the rear you won’t need another set for the front??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts