Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting in a GT350 and seeing the cool red push to start button it made me want something more than the plain focus one. I saw a few light up ones on eBay but does anyone know of any others? I checked with parts and they couldn't just find the button from the mustang you have to buy the whole center dash piece.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I remember a bunch of guys putting the red GT-R button on the 370z...I hope the GT350 button is possible at some point

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
We need a RS Blue Start button.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I remember a bunch of guys putting the red GT-R button on the 370z...I hope the GT350 button is possible at some point
can confirm, did replace 370z push to start button, with Red GT-R one. It was totally worth it. Such a cooler button. livens up the interior

·
5,586 Posts
FTW!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
nice to see i'm not the only one thinking about this lol i haven't driven the car yet and it's already gonna be such an upgrade for me I'm not real worried about performance mods yet. I want it to look cool! lol

How hard do you think it would be to replace the 12v by the drive mode selection with a push to start button and put a blank or something over the stock? That would be great, push start then you're right there to out it in sport mode.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My wife will not let me order one thing for the new FOCUS(I don't use the RS word around the house -its a little 4 cyl. gas saver) she keeps on hearing how they haven't even built my car yet. Anyone in the same boat I been married over 40 years I'm an old guy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My wife will not let me order one thing for the new FOCUS(I don't use the RS word around the house -its a little 4 cyl. gas saver) she keeps on hearing how they haven't even built my car yet. Anyone in the same boat I been married over 40 years I'm an old guy.
Same here. My son and I talk about the RS all the time, just not when the wife is around. She sees a vehicle only as a means of tranportation from A-B.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yeah, we're excited to get a car that can haul furniture between Indy and Terre Haute. The boyfriend's relatives keep giving us stuff to fill our apartment. And there's a painting in Cincinnati with my name on it but ever since I dumped my last Eclipse I haven't had a car big enough to carry it.

It will also be nice to stop putting so many miles on the FIAT since it's the car we have to take when we haul all of our friends around.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Start Button Questions

I searched but couldn't find anyone who has tried yet. Has anyone tried to install one of these......

Ford Power.jpg

I know the ST guys have and the blue one worked fine, but the red one did not. (Different resistors or something like that.) I'm inclined to give it a try, but was wondering if someone already had?

On a side note, I have one of the DMB RS start button badges on order. I've searched to see if anyone here had put one on, but couldn't find that either. (Maybe I'm just search impaired :apologetic:)

2_5890_e.jpg

Are you happy with it? Is the fit good?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I want this with a dull red glow.
41Rri3SV4NL._SY355_.jpg

or this with the proper lighting inside, due to all the computers in this car trying to kill us.
if-the-staples-easy-button-had-a.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the DMB one. I'm happy with it, although to be honest I haven't thought about the actual button in months.....I just press it and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That look really nice. The fit looks good, and the fact you haven't thought about it in months is a good thing, it think. (If it were peeling, melting, or impeding the push to start, I'm guessing you'd be thinking about it.)

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
127 Posts
It does looks a little bit bigger than the one on the focus RS, the parts is only 50 bucks and it is worth trying. I will measure the diameter of a mustang button and the one on my RS if theya re the same I gonna just order one, since this is not going to put my car out of warranty, if it doesn't work I can always sell it to some local mustang guy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They reason why it is possible is that Nissan Group use the same style button just like diamler for everysingle brand, Nissan vehicle can share button with infiniti and GTRs, just like Mercedes has the same key hole with FCA and same type of key with FCA too.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I searched but couldn't find anyone who has tried yet. Has anyone tried to install one of these......

View attachment 146609

I know the ST guys have and the blue one worked fine, but the red one did not. (Different resistors or something like that.) I'm inclined to give it a try, but was wondering if someone already had?

On a side note, I have one of the DMB RS start button badges on order. I've searched to see if anyone here had put one on, but couldn't find that either. (Maybe I'm just search impaired :apologetic:)

View attachment 146617

Are you happy with it? Is the fit good?

Thanks for the help.
Yeah I have it and it fits perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts