Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So attached is a picture if what came out of my PTU for the passenger side and then a picture of what part I was given as a replacement. They look very different and am hoping it's right

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
I believe there was an update to the seal design. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm if what you have is correct. My 2017 OEM seal is the first one pictured.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
IIRC there was a decent revision. Bounce the part number off of the Tasca website.

I had mine replaced twice. It's holding alright so far, but I haven't looked in a few thousand miles. Keep in mind if you're leaking on the passenger side it's likely transmission fluid (I can't tell from your pic) so be sure to check your transmission and PTU fluid levels.

Is that a PTU brace on there, and if so did your tuner suggest it? I haven't seen anything solid suggesting one way or another that it was needed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have the ptu brace. Just seems sturdier than the stock piece. As for the seal. It turns out that it is an updated seal from the original design. We will see how it holds up. My original was not leaking but I am doing a build of my transmission and engine swap so I replaced them all.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
I have the PTU brace as well, 4 point compared to the 3 points on the stock.

Might as well replace the seal, saves you the hassle later when everything is put back together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Related question: I had this seal replaced with the updated part at a Ford Dealer a few months ago. Is it safe to assume all fluid in the PTU was drained and replaced as part of this procedure?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
RPMcCourt77
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing