Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed my order yesterday and dealership confirmed me that the definitive blue tone varies whether it is the RS that will be selling in Europe vs US. I have checked both websites and seems not the case, however based on pictures it really looks different (i know many claim it's because of light differences when taking the pics), but still....

The US version visually can be spotted because it has no rear fog light.

Anyone have been told this or any thoughts?

3a7f0b39-a53b-434e-9ad0-9bf25de99e75.jpg 2b9b2332-4f34-422d-b4b5-0069593dae91.jpg abs.PNG

·
Registered
591 Posts
Same paint. The paint changes appearance based on the lighting conditions and angle.

·
Registered
320 Posts
^^yup there's only one nitrous blue. And don't forget about different camera exposure settings, image processor differences in different cameras, and any post-production photo edits... Makes each shot look different.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My tangerine scream st does that. It's yellow in the day orange as it gets darker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
It is the same cover.

You can also tell a US/Canada or NAFTA vehicle by the amber reflex in the head lamp.

I would still like to know why NAFTA market is not getting Magnetic?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
It is the same cover.

You can also tell a US/Canada or NAFTA vehicle by the amber reflex in the head lamp.

I would still like to know why NAFTA the market is not getting Magnetic?
The same reason we didn't get colors: Race Red, Tangerine Tri-Coat Scream Metallic, Liquid Blue, Blue Candy Metallic Tinted Clear Coat, Deep impact Blue Metallic, Kona Blue Metallic, or Competition Orange because Ford Execs made the color decision and decided we didn't need to be offered those colors.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
262 Posts
The same reason we didn't get colors: Race Red, Tangerine Tri-Coat Scream Metallic, Liquid Blue, Blue Candy Metallic Tinted Clear Coat, Deep impact Blue Metallic, Kona Blue Metallic, or Competition Orange because Ford Execs made the color decision and decided we didn't need to be offered those colors.

YMMV,

MidCow3
But Magnetic is offered on the RS in the UK market.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If the RS sell like mad I'm sure more color options will be available in the following years. Ide really like to see more blue options. image.jpg

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I wish they did a bare metal option with only a satin clear! Black or grey plastic bits and it would look sick.

Jim

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
In this picture it looks exceptionally good...

View attachment 2799

And in this picture it looks exceptionally bad...

View attachment 2798

If it looked like the first picture 90% of the time in person I would be all over that color, but I imagine that it will be a mixture of the two. More like...

Which in my opinion is decent, but not super awesome.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
In this picture it looks exceptionally good...

View attachment 2799

And in this picture it looks exceptionally bad...

View attachment 2798

If it looked like the first picture 90% of the time in person I would be all over that color, but I imagine that it will be a mixture of the two. More like...

Which in my opinion is decent, but not super awesome.
Exactly how I feel, wish I could see it in person.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Anyone have concerns about having to repaint damage on this car with the quad coat???

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Anyone have concerns about having to repaint damage on this car with the quad coat???
Yes, besides not really liking the color, the extra $695 cost, paint matching was a serious consideration. I once had a brown metallic flake car that took about 4 tries to kinda sort of in most lights and angles.

Here's to hoping you don't encounter any issues that will require your need to match NB.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
I still get a amused at the lack of color choices comments. My 86 Civic Si (first year Civic Si in the States) had 2 colors, White or Red. In 87 the colors were Black and Red.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Yes, but "New Formula Red" is a great color that is what my CRXs and GSR were :)

YMMV,

MidCow3
I don't think that was the red for 86 or 87 Civic Sis though. If I'm right 86 was Victoria Red (R-39) while 87 was Rio Red (R-63). Rio was a little brighter than Victoria. I would have to look at my FSMs at the house with the codes to be 100%.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
MidCow3
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing