Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Understanding there are several threads already talking about VOCs and DORAs, I am starting this as a new thread to separate out.

Most of the forum members who have already posted copies of their VOCs I believe had their orders submitted under the 'old' system. Mine, and I expect many others were placed into the 'current' ordering system or web based Vehicle Fulfillment Order Bank. There seem to be several slight differences in the processes which may be leading to some of concerns of some members about receipt of paperwork? I don't know, but I am certainly one who has different paperwork but appears to be in the same 'order status'. Below are my redacted 'Order Summary' (before submission) and a 'Status Update' showing my order is in the bank, but 'processing'. Based upon comments from other members and similar feedback from our service rep Nick, my order would appear to be in exactly the same position as others, even those who have received DORAs? So thought I would throw this subject out there for discussion.

20151017_114815.jpg

20151017_114836.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, same exact paperwork that my dealer shared with me. 'preview order', and follow up showing the order as clean and awaiting production scheduling. Dealer assures me we're good to go.

·
Registered
520 Posts
IMG_0726.jpg

This is what I have so far for paperwork. It was printed and I signed it before it was submitted. The sales manager assured me that it was ordered and he would let me know if it was allocated and what my order number was when the person who orders new vehicles returned to work. I'll ask about the DORA then too.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did the dealer give you the Status page printout, or how did you get it ?
Yes, he emailed it to me. He told me he checks every Saturday morning for updates as Friday is when the order bank uodates. No changes this morning.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 1775

This is what I have so far for paperwork. It was printed and I signed it before it was submitted. The sales manager assured me that it was ordered and he would let me know if it was allocated and what my order number was when the person who orders new vehicles returned to work. I'll ask about the DORA then too.
This one looks like it's off the old system.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You know I advised my dealer yesterday after asking for my DORA. He had no clue what DORA meant even after emailing example. I told him it appears to me that Ford has two different ordering systems going around. Reply I received I wouldn't think so. This explains a lot.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Understanding there are several threads already talking about VOCs and DORAs, I am starting this as a new thread to separate out.

Most of the forum members who have already posted copies of their VOCs I believe had their orders submitted under the 'old' system. Mine, and I expect many others were placed into the 'current' ordering system or web based Vehicle Fulfillment Order Bank. There seem to be several slight differences in the processes which may be leading to some of concerns of some members about receipt of paperwork? I don't know, but I am certainly one who has different paperwork but appears to be in the same 'order status'. Below are my redacted 'Order Summary' (before submission) and a 'Status Update' showing my order is in the bank, but 'processing'. Based upon comments from other members and similar feedback from our service rep Nick, my order would appear to be in exactly the same position as others, even those who have received DORAs? So thought I would throw this subject out there for discussion. ...
Hey UKXPAT,

This paperwork is from a different system your dealer has access to. The one thing you'll want to confirm with your dealer is whether they were given allocation for the RS. This will determine whether your RS order will schedule when the time comes.

Do ou know if that's a DORA or VOC?
I'm honestly not sure. I'd like to know this as well though.
Hey SyncTheory13 and zorroc6,

This is neither a DORA or VOC. This is from a different system your dealer has access to, and if you look at the bottom of the page, you can see the order had not been submitted to the order bank at the time it was printed. If you'd like to confirm the order was submitted, please PM your order number and dealer code, and I'll gladly take a look. :)

Nick

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey UKXPAT,

This paperwork is from a different system your dealer has access to. The one thing you'll want to confirm with your dealer is whether they were given allocation for the RS. This will determine whether your RS order will schedule when the time comes.

Hey SyncTheory13 and zorroc6,

This is neither a DORA or VOC. This is from a different system your dealer has access to, and if you look at the bottom of the page, you can see the order had not been submitted to the order bank at the time it was printed. If you'd like to confirm the order was submitted, please PM your order number and dealer code, and I'll gladly take a look. :)

Nick
Nick,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, and I think a lot of members would agree, this whole allocation question has been the worst part of this process so far. For me personally, my dealer advised me that they had received an allocation for one. My assumption, and his, was that this would be for MY2016. This was in an email from their regional manager. The regional manager also stated that build priority for dealers would be on a lottery basis. I have no reason to doubt the information my dealer has provided, but there appears to be no way of officially confirming what allocation a dealer has received officially?

How long generally before orders move to 'scheduled'? At what point in the process does the DORA get sent to the dealer?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nick,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, and I think a lot of members would agree, this whole allocation question has been the worst part of this process so far. For me personally, my dealer advised me that they had received an allocation for one. My assumption, and his, was that this would be for MY2016. This was in an email from their regional manager. The regional manager also stated that build priority for dealers would be on a lottery basis. I have no reason to doubt the information my dealer has provided, but there appears to be no way of officially confirming what allocation a dealer has received officially?

How long generally before orders move to 'scheduled'? At what point in the process does the DORA get sent to the dealer?
Completely agree. My dealer told me their regional rep advised they have an allocation of five. They also advised that build will be based on priority number. I, along with many of the members on this forum have not seen anything confirmed in writing. If the allocations have been set and are firm, why are they not applied to the orders once they're accepted by Ford? It's not a matter of impatience from the customers, rather practicality. If I am certain I have a car I can start the process of selling and/or trading mine. We'll have snow here in Denver any day. Do I put new tires on it or not?

Lots of misinformation out there. I'm holding my breath for a build date/VIN number. I won't consider myself a lucky buyer until that happens.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Completely agree. My dealer told me their regional rep advised they have an allocation of five. They also advised that build will be based on priority number. I, along with many of the members on this forum have not seen anything confirmed in writing. If the allocations have been set and are firm, why are they not applied to the orders once they're accepted by Ford? It's not a matter of impatience from the customers, rather practicality. If I am certain I have a car I can start the process of selling and/or trading mine. We'll have snow here in Denver any day. Do I put new tires on it or not?

Lots of misinformation out there. I'm holding my breath for a build date/VIN number. I won't consider myself a lucky buyer until that happens.
Same here. Anxiously waiting for some kind of hard evidence other than the initial VOC to confirm my RS will be built. If Ford's motives behind leaving everyone in the dark like this really are intentional in an effort to create hype and demand, it sure is working! Now lets hope they build more than enough RS's to actually lure in all these new customers.

The one thing I'm hoping is that this doesn't turn out like the process for ordering Dodge Hellcat Chargers/Challengers where dealers were placing orders for far more cars than they're allocated, production gets halted, and outstanding orders are pushed back a few model years. Please, Ford, don't follow FCA in that regard...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Agreed, they can tell us whatever they want it seems, with no way to confirm, they can lead us on until next year
Nick,

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts

umm.. You know even if you get the first car in the states it should be in Spring of 2016, right? So if you need tires on your current car for safety this winter, you might as well go buy those tires.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
25 Participants
JD4n6
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing