Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well made more changes, was lucky enough to get my hands on a 4 port exhaust head, so I'm now getting a g30-770 turbo and custom manifold and going to step up to 12mm head studs, obviously going to port the head so we can get good exhaust flow to help eliminate head lift... also going with the quaife sequential gearbox, but it's not available as the product hasnt been officially released. Still going through QC If I remember what Chris said. So wont be getting the car back for awhile, probably around the same time I get my corvette haha.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mountune has the sequential trans for sale on their website. Also according to Quaiffe it’s a Mountune exclusive product. “The QBE46Z gearbox will be an exclusive product to Mountune UK and Mountune USA”

I’m sure they can order one for you, but why pay markup twice? You’re basically looking at ~11k for the trans, with lsd and controller.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Mountune has the sequential trans for sale on their website. Also according to Quaiffe it’s a Mountune exclusive product. “The QBE46Z gearbox will be an exclusive product to Mountune UK and Mountune USA”

I’m sure they can order one for you, but why pay markup twice? You’re basically looking at ~11k for the trans, with lsd and controller.
Yea that's correct but if you email them to place an order they will tell you that it's not available at the moment, they are still working to make sure it passe QC and validation process. And I dont understand the pay markup twice and yes about 11k for the trans.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
20191104_145950.jpg

Just got these wheels, team dynamic pro race 1.2 gloss black. 17x9! Haven't decided what tire I'm gonna run yet.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice buy! I'm in the market for the same setup. Where did you happen to order these from? Apparently Team Dynamics is going thru a supply issue in the USA, and stock has been depleted here.

Also, were these custom ordered or off the shelf? What offset?

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
@Shimmer

17x9 TD pro race 1.2s

Post #151 if it doesn't go directly to it. I'm wondering if what @RS perry got was an off the shelf 42mm offset wheel or something custom, bc 42 needed a 5mm spacer, per the link.

Based on the other posts about the 17" wheels, I'm thinking a 40mm offset is the minimum starting point for any possible 17" wheel fitment (spoke/wheel design aside, obviously).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Nice buy! I'm in the market for the same setup. Where did you happen to order these from? Apparently Team Dynamics is going thru a supply issue in the USA, and stock has been depleted here.

Also, were these custom ordered or off the shelf? What offset?
Hey I got them from Team Illuminata Motorsport talked to Paul great guy. They were a special order made to my spec. Based on the profile i was sent they fit, car is in Missouri for the build so no real way of seeing if they fit. My buddy from LA is coming up to nor cal on the 15th and I'm meeting him to test fit the clearance for sure! I'm crossing my fingers lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
@Shimmer

17x9 TD pro race 1.2s

Post #151 if it doesn't go directly to it. I'm wondering if what @RS perry got was an off the shelf 42mm offset wheel or something custom, bc 42 needed a 5mm spacer, per the link.

Based on the other posts about the 17" wheels, I'm thinking a 40mm offset is the minimum starting point for any possible 17" wheel fitment (spoke/wheel design aside, obviously).
Yea so mine is a 40mm offset, if I'm not mistaken I should have 2-3mm of clearance butttttt idk lol we will see. I will let you and @Shimmer both know how my test fitting goes!

·
Registered
383 Posts
@RS perry Palo Alto. Not next door, but not all that far out! Ever make it out to any meets or get togethers?

Did your friend make it up to the area this past weekend for fitment testing?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Sorry @Focused , unfortunately I couldnt make it as i had work stuff come up that i couldn't miss and ran late into the night. Hopefully I'll find someone around here with one. Or I just wait till the RS comes back.

UPDATE!
The exhaust manifold is being built now, after its built the head will be off to getting ported. Now for the sequential transmission still no word on when mountune will be releasing that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry @Focused , unfortunately I couldnt make it as i had work stuff come up that i couldn't miss and ran late into the night. Hopefully I'll find someone around here with one. Or I just wait till the RS comes back.

UPDATE!
The exhaust manifold is being built now, after its built the head will be off to getting ported. Now for the sequential transmission still no word on when mountune will be releasing that.
@RS perry

No biggie, no apologies necessary. I'm happy to meet up and test out wheel fitment on my car if you're down.

Look forward to the update.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts