Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been calling many dealers in my area. Most of the them have just told me they don't know much and to keep checking back, but one dealer has told me I can come put deposit down and be first in line for one of their three allotted RS's and also spec it exactly how I want! Okay awesome right? Only problem is they're asking for a $5,000 deposit. Yes that's 3 zeros. I mean I already feel like they're trying to screw me right in the behind. I understand that this is a car that they believe will be in high demand, I understand they want to make sure people are serious about purchasing the car if they're in line. But $5k for a deposit on something I don't get for 5-7 months? I'm just curious what kind of deposits all your dealers are asking so I can compare and now whether I should head to a credit union and this $5k loan..

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
If you get it in writing that its completely refundable for any reason, then it's not a /huge/ deal, but most places will only ask for a $500 check that they don't even cash, they just hold on to it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just say you have a grand on hand, you don't wanna tie up 5 gs for 6 months. Seems reasonable to me, and as said make it in writing that it's refundable upon your request.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got called back finally from another dealer who said they are getting 4, and have two people on the list. Put my name down there as well. Super interesting thing is they have no idea what kind of deposit they will be asking for, the guy said they won't know until closer to the 12th. Also to be noted, he said every dealer in my area will be doing a mark up of $2,500 dollars. Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. It's just odd how different dealerships are handling this in such different ways. It's like you are getting different parts of the puzzle from every dealer you talk to.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Just got called back finally from another dealer who said they are getting 4, and have two people on the list. Put my name down there as well. Super interesting thing is they have no idea what kind of deposit they will be asking for, the guy said they won't know until closer to the 12th. Also to be noted, he said every dealer in my area will be doing a mark up of $2,500 dollars. Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. It's just odd how different dealerships are handling this in such different ways. It's like you are getting different parts of the puzzle from every dealer you talk to.
What part of Texas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess those salesman haven't talked with the GM and asked deposit amount yet? I'm calling BS on them not knowing how much they want on deposit.
Yeah I'm really unsure about that salesman and the info I got. I'm going to call tomorrow and try to talk to someone else, maybe ask to talk to gm. I'm not going to walk into the dealership blind, that's just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Yeah I'm really unsure about that salesman and the info I got. I'm going to call tomorrow and try to talk to someone else, maybe ask to talk to gm. I'm not going to walk into the dealership blind, that's just asking for trouble.
yeah I started emailing dealers GM's like 8 months ago and had a paper trail. Actually they had no idea what the RS was and that is was coming to the US. And just fyi Oct 12th is when the order guide will be out thru Ford for dealers to place orders.

·
Registered
716 Posts
yeah I started emailing dealers GM's like 8 months ago and had a paper trail. Actually they had no idea what the RS was and that is was coming to the US. And just fyi Oct 12th is when the order guide will be out thru Ford for dealers to place orders.
Thought the order guide was out the 1st, with orders being taken the 12th? I dont want to wait till the 12th :(

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Thought the order guide was out the 1st, with orders being taken the 12th? I dont want to wait till the 12th :(
dealer price guide is released Oct 1st. this means they will know their costs at some point that day.
Oct 12 is the first open date for orders. I believe this is for dealer allocation orders, not general orders.
so if you have a deal signed with your dealer prior to the 12th, they can put your order in on the 12th if they have offered you one of their allocated cars.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
dealer price guide is released Oct 1st. this means they will know their costs at some point that day.
Oct 12 is the first open date for orders. I believe this is for dealer allocation orders, not general orders.
so if you have a deal signed with your dealer prior to the 12th, they can put your order in on the 12th if they have offered you one of their allocated cars.
your correct keep forgetting its not Oct 1st yet. Received email from GM on Friday asking if I could come in and put deposit down today. So yes they didn't have price guide in yet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
your correct keep forgetting its not Oct 1st yet. Received email from GM on Friday asking if I could come in and put deposit down today. So yes they didn't have price guide in yet.
1K down 3 weeks ago haven't heard diddley squat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts