Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Anyone here installed the Depo Intercooler? I did yesterday and fitment is horrible... the bottom brackets that are supposed to bolt on the stock mounting point does not even align there and the top brackets are not even welded at the same height so it’s not holding straight... I know it’s a cheap fmic, but I was expecting a better fitment. Looks like the guy welded with his eyes closed LOL

8F7AE6EB-2B10-49A5-863F-878A98BFAD98.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Hey guys!

Anyone here installed the Depo Intercooler? I did yesterday and fitment is horrible... the bottom brackets that are supposed to bolt on the stock mounting point does not even align there and the top brackets are not even welded at the same height so it’s not holding straight... I know it’s a cheap fmic, but I was expecting a better fitment. Looks like the guy welded with his eyes closed LOL

View attachment 327032
Funny, same thing happened to me with the Panda intercooler I put on my FoST back in the day. Had to call the owner. pain in the ass. Ended up having to drill a new hole in the crossbar

·
Registered
460 Posts
Even though I don’t see the need to spend more than needed on a downpipe that I will almost never see, when I got my depo racing downpipe installed by the Ford tech during the recall, he sent me pics of how close it came to the heat shield. He said it wasn’t touching but it was very close. A year later, I am hearing some vibrations at times from that area.
So I am switching it out for an Airtec TIG welded downpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
How did you install it?
I kinda threaded all the bolts in before tightening them, then put the boost hoses on and I have no issue. Mine is super snug now

Good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is this one of the ones that's already discounted cause it wasn't sandblasted? How long did the shipping take to Canada?

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I had the same issues.

In my case, I drilled into my crash bar to get the top mounts to fit, and grinded down the left mount so it wouldn't hit my radiator. It fits, I managed to secure all 4 points on the mounts, and it works. I've been running it for two months with a WMI bung I DIY'd and it's been solid and leak free with the performance I was looking for.

If I could, I'd go back and buy another brand just to avoid the extra effort, but if you're handy it works. I was just too lazy to go through the return process.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this one of the ones that's already discounted cause it wasn't sandblasted? How long did the shipping take to Canada?

Yes. 350$ and I got it shipped for free to the montreal’s border. It took about a week to receive it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Sampick
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing