Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m an XR4Ti guy which means we have those because we couldn’t get a Sierra RS Cosworth. Likely trade (or sell) sell my Tangerine Scream ST3 for the RS. I’m going to miss the color. I’m old and the ST was my first ‘new’ car. Well it had 50 dealer miles which I later realized meant it was NOT exactly new. I won’t be making that mistake with the RS. Now the question… I do not want ANY miles on it if that’s possible, I do not want it driven in the rain this time, I do not want it dealer prepped at all, I do not want the dealer sticker or badge on it, I do not want the window sticker removed and folded up in the glove box again, I do not want …. OK you get it. How do I get a NEW RS into my city and into my hands wrapped in a sealed bag? I’ll pay extra for shipping enclosed if I can. Or are we/me stuck with however it gets to us?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
My Audi came in the protective wrapping to the dealer...does Ford do this with all their cars too? If so, just ask your dealer to leave it all on an not to prep it until you get there. Most likely they will have to be the ones to remove the suspension blocks and a few other things for liability purposes, but they will let you remove the wrappings and be there for the other prep stuff.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’m an XR4Ti guy which means we have those because we couldn’t get a Sierra RS Cosworth. Likely trade (or sell) sell my Tangerine Scream ST3 for the RS. I’m going to miss the color. I’m old and the ST was my first ‘new’ car. Well it had 50 dealer miles which I later realized meant it was NOT exactly new. I won’t be making that mistake with the RS. Now the question… I do not want ANY miles on it if that’s possible, I do not want it driven in the rain this time, I do not want it dealer prepped at all, I do not want the dealer sticker or badge on it, I do not want the window sticker removed and folded up in the glove box again, I do not want …. OK you get it. How do I get a NEW RS into my city and into my hands wrapped in a sealed bag? I’ll pay extra for shipping enclosed if I can. Or are we/me stuck with however it gets to us?
When you order the car the dealer should keep you up to date with its delivery schedule. Just tell them to not remove any of the transportation stuff from the truck. The do have to PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) the vehicle when it gets to there dealership or at least we do at my dealership before we can let the customer have the car. They have to inspect the car when it comes off the truck no matter what kind of vehicle it is. They should make sure the basics work like A/C, windows, trunk and other buttons in the car are functioning correctly. They do not need to drive the car to do this. If you just so happen to get a vehicle that has 30 or more miles on it the car will have a tag from Ford saying they randomly selected the car for quality inspection which they will write how many miles they drove the car. If you ask the dealer to not put there logo on the car they should do what you ask. I have people that ask for that at my dealership all the time. Its no big deal to remove them.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The dealer will be able to do all that stuff for you, however the only way to make sure no one drives it is to be there when its delivered.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Audi came in the protective wrapping to the dealer...does Ford do this with all their cars too? If so, just ask your dealer to leave it all on an not to prep it until you get there. Most likely they will have to be the ones to remove the suspension blocks and a few other things for liability purposes, but they will let you remove the wrappings and be there for the other prep stuff.
I have no idea if Ford will wrap the RS. The only car I have seen them wrap since I have been working at my dealership was the 50th anniversary mustang

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. As I suspected we're a bit at the mercy of the dealer and the gods. But I'll try everything you suggested.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
For my Lexus, I had a friend that had access to Toyota's delivery system and I was able to tell when it would arrive, so I was there waiting for it and saw its birth when it came out of the car carrier :) I even had pictures of it being born, lol.

I would not let them drive it and I knew significantly more about the car then they did, so I was explaining things to them during the predelivery inspection. They had to drive it per Lexus, so I went with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts