Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Honestly I am curious what would @GreatWhiteBuffalo would say as he works at a dealership.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Building credit now is way better than trying to build it when you need it. If you treat a low limit credit card like cash in your wallet, and pay it off every month, you'll do great things. I've never paid a cent in credit card interest and have no intention of ever doing so. The temptation of spending beyond your means is high though!

On another note, if OP goes to college and takes out federally subsidized student loans, Uncle Sugar will pay for the interest and OP will get the credit bump. I left college with a 720 credit score due to this arrangement, without a credit card.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Banned
589 Posts
Not to sound all fatherly here..... but my dad did tell me when I was 18 to 20ish, get out on my own first, pay rent & establish myself before going out & buying a car. Paying rent & bills (on time) builds credit.... You then can go out & buy yourself a vehicle when the times right.

Now, about the RS, that’s not cheap speed. It was a 40k+ car new & the used market is very hot right now, so you’ll be paying at or above 30k w/ tax & fees. That’s a lot of car & a financial burden for a younger person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2002 Ford lightning when I was 19-20. in 2003-2004. Don't do it. It was AWFUL making a 500/month payment plus 450 for insurance per month. So not worth it. If I could go back in time. I would buy a ****box. and save money for property and stocks lol. THEN buy a cool car. None of it matters when you're young. people expect you to drive a beater.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts