Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add me to the frustrated potential buyers that will most likely not be getting a car anytime soon. Backstory - I was calling around in early December and found a dealership near me that claimed to have ONE allocation and had yet to sell any RS's so it was mine for MSRP if I wanted it. I went down that very day and gave a $1000 deposit. I wasn't getting anywhere with follow up emails on obtaining VOC or DORA so went down today and did get my DORA, however it showed Priority 20 and Order Type 2 (stock). The claimed that info was 'old' and then printed a "Vehicle Status Report" that showed my car listed as Priority 10 and "Retail". Problem is the dealership now says I am most likely getting a 2017 car sometime this summer and that they did NOT in fact have an allocation. They are willing to give deposit back but felt the need to mention if I go somewhere else now I will go to the back of the line and even more delays.

The most frustrating thing is Ford could have avoided all this dealer nonsense by sharing the data around which dealerships actually had allocations or not. Not that I trust this dealership anymore but they did get the owner on the phone and he said the following;

200 cars coming on the first shipment for April
only 5 allocated to greater NY area (which he implied included CT).

Any suggestions on escalating this higher up the food chain at Ford, either Regional Rep or otherwise?

I'll post in the Order monitoring thread my Order # and Dealer code and see what comes back, thanks all - this is a great group!

JD

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have any more issues and are not happy please PM me. We sold all (4) +1 of or allocations for 2016 but I can get you on our list for 2017 and I'm pretty informed of the processes to get one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So you have an retail order in? And dealer said they placed the order without an allocation? I'm confused...i thought you cannot submit an order without an allocation?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You can submit orders without allocation they just won't make it past a certain point in the process. I work at a dealership in western MA by the CT border, wish I had an extra allocation to help you out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can submit orders without allocation they just won't make it past a certain point in the process. I work at a dealership in western MA by the CT border, wish I had an extra allocation to help you out.
Is there a way to check if the dealer has allocation from the order they submitted? Does it have to do with priority? Up until what step the order goes thru? Thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
This is unfortunately is going to be a common thing on this forum with deposits being taken with no allocations. Ford Corp system was setup to allow Dealers to due this practice.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You can get a DORA but it will never be submitted to plant/selected for scheduling. Unfortunately you can't look up who has allocation. When we got an extra allocation I forwarded the email from our zone manager stating we were getting an RS to the customer to assure them.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You can get a DORA but it will never be submitted to plant/selected for scheduling. Unfortunately you can't look up who has allocation. When we got an extra allocation I forwarded the email from our zone manager stating we were getting an RS to the customer to assure them.[/QUO

Soundwave,

The way you did that with the email sent to customer is how they all should be doing it. So you should be commended takes all the guess work out.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Dealers shouldn't have to go that far to prove they have allocation. It sucks that some are that shady or have such unknowledgable staff when it comes to these things. I know this car is bringing a lot of people into Ford dealers who may not have otherwise been shopping the brand. But dealers should be trying to build a relationship and trust to earn future business. Not pulling this crap or slamming people with ADM.

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
Can someone explain the fuel charge and advertisement charge? I wasn't charged either on my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Dealers shouldn't have to go that far to prove they have allocation. It sucks that some are that shady or have such unknowledgable staff when it comes to these things. I know this car is bringing a lot of people into Ford dealers who may not have otherwise been something the brand. But dealers should be trying to build a relationship and trust to earn future business. Not pulling this crap or slamming people with ADM.
I agree with you

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dealers shouldn't have to go that far to prove they have allocation. It sucks that some are that shady or have such unknowledgable staff when it comes to these things. I know this car is bringing a lot of people into Ford dealers who may not have otherwise been something the brand. But dealers should be trying to build a relationship and trust to earn future business. Not pulling this crap or slamming people with ADM.
Thumbs up.gif

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Um no its not. Dealers get charged advertisement fee on every vehicle they have in inventory. It is built into their invoice price. The fuel I'm not so sure about.

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
It is adm, just hidden under another name.
I figured it was strange since it's not on my paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
36 Participants
riese22
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing