Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Dealership claims to confirm order?

14K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  Spook410 
#1 · (Edited)
I just received a message from one of the dealerships I've been talking to and they claim to have actually ordered a Focus RS to my specifications that will be held for me.

My understanding is that anything that is being "ordered" right now is an agreement between the dealership and the customer that when the customer's turn in line comes up, a vehicle will be ordered to their specification.

Are these guys blowing smoke or could this be a legit order?

They sent me a "order invoice" that has almost no information on it and are asking for a copy of my driver's license and insurance information to help with registration once the vehicle arrives. This feels odd to me.

#11 ·
I don't have the ability to redact the information on mine until I get home. But, even though the top of the page says "Order Confirmation", at the bottom of the page it says "Press F4 to submit." I'm thinking this is the page where you confirm the order is to be submitted, not an actual submitted order.

#13 ·
Yes, im looking at that now, Your order has not been actually submitted. There is not even pricing information on there.

#28 ·
Not to rain on your parade but I got the same exact form from my dealer when they took my deposit. They haven't gotten pricing yet and definitely said they can't place an order either. Maybe my dealer is wrong but I have that same form on my desk at home and it says order confirmation on it, yet they told me that it's just a placeholder... sorry ... don't shoot the messenger. ..

#14 ·
It's submitted, in the system waiting to be picked up. The system will likely pick them up on 10/12. I've never talked to anyone that has a clear understanding of the process at the dealer level and nobody with a working knowledge to clarify the process.

I received the same print out when I ordered my ST.

#15 ·
Blue's form looks different than mine, his actually shows that inquiry complete where mine says F4 to submit

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I just spoke to the sales manager of the dealership where my car is being ordered from. He said, and i do believe him to know his stuff, that if you honestly have a allocation and it was processed at the dealership, then it is in the system waiting to be picked up (automated) on the 12th when they (Manufacture) purge the order bank. I still have to go down to the dealer on the 12th (as I believe the rest of you will need to) and sign an agreement of terms for the car. Because on that day the hard numbers are printable.

#27 ·
Here's the section of the Order Guide with CA (and other) emissions codes:

EMISSIONS REQUIREMENT LOCATIONS
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS STATES ................................
CA, CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA
CROSS BORDER STATES ............................................
AZ, DC, ID, NH, NV, OH, VA, WV
FEDERAL EMISSIONS STATES .....................................
Remaining States/Regions
EMISSIONS STANDARD/OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
FEDERAL/NON-CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM ..........
Standard equipment on vehicles destined for Federal
Emissions State or Cross Border State dealers.
50-STATE EMISSIONS SYSTEM .................................... 425
Required code for California Emissions States registration
Optional code for Cross Border States dealer orders.
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM NOT REQUIRED ......... 423
Dealers ordering a vehicle without a 50-State Emissions
System and which is being sold/delivered to a California
Emissions State dealer are required to use Code 423 to
attest either that the vehicle is not being registered in a
California Emissions State or that Code 936 is applicable.
Note: In Maine, Rhode Island and Vermont, dealers cannot
use Code 423 for customers outside of California
Emissions States locations (except Public
Service/Emergency Vehicles – Code 936).
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS EXEMPTION FOR PUBLIC
SERVICE/EMERGENCY VEHICLES ................................ 936
This exemption may only apply in certain California
Emissions states. Ordering dealer is responsible to contact
the proper state authorities for clarification on qualifying
exempted vehicles for registration. Only available on
vehicles sold for authorized public service or emergency
service use. Must also use Code 423 when ordering.
FEDERAL EMISSIONS STATE DEALER ORDER FOR
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS STATES REGISTRATION .......... 93N
Federal Emissions State dealers ordering a 50-State
Emissions System (Code 425) are also required to use
Code 93N to attest that the vehicle is to be registered in a
California Emissions State.

Jim

#36 ·
As long as you go to one of these states:

CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS STATES ................................
CA, CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA

If not, and you go to a Federal Emissions state (all others except the Cross-Border states noted above), I read the above as requiring the 93N code for them to be able a CA car.

Jim

#37 ·
Dealership said they have one allotment initially (which is claimed by the owner's husband) and their second one will be in 7 weeks. Any ideas what day the cutoff for first year vehicle orders might be and has anybody else heard this type of thing?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

#39 ·
Tried to order today. Here's how it went:

- Dealer tried, as I was sitting there, to order it. Hung up on RS2 package.
- RS2 package is supposedly 'Job 2' (starts in January) as opposed to 'Job 1' which has already started.
- Dealer prices were missing from the system still.
- He told me this will be cleared up in 3 weeks.
- No idea of how accurate this all is.. so many versions of versions.. but I'll be back to visit as he is willing to do MSRP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.