Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received a message from one of the dealerships I've been talking to and they claim to have actually ordered a Focus RS to my specifications that will be held for me.

My understanding is that anything that is being "ordered" right now is an agreement between the dealership and the customer that when the customer's turn in line comes up, a vehicle will be ordered to their specification.

Are these guys blowing smoke or could this be a legit order?

They sent me a "order invoice" that has almost no information on it and are asking for a copy of my driver's license and insurance information to help with registration once the vehicle arrives. This feels odd to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just received a message from one of the dealerships I've been talking to and they claim to have actually ordered a Focus RS to my specifications that will be held for me.

My understanding is that anything that is being "ordered" right now is an agreement between the dealership and the customer that when the customer's turn in line comes up, a vehicle will be ordered to their specification.

Are these guys blowing smoke or could this be a legit order?

They sent me a "order invoice" that has almost no information on it and are asking for a copy of my driver's license and insurance information to help with registration once the vehicle arrives. This feels odd to me.
J.D.Hart
Which dealer is it you are dealing with?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Order banks don't open until October 12

I stand corrected. My dealership put my order in today.
How can they put order in if order banks open on Monday, unless there is some new information we don't know about? If so, have they give you Ford conformation number or any kind acknowledgment from ford that order has been received?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Order banks don't open until October 12

I stand corrected. My dealership put my order in today.
Did they provide any kind of confirmation you can share (printout, pdf, etc) with identifying information redacted if need be?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bluebyutoo,

So are you saying the order banks that are supposed to be open next Monday, October 12, 2015 actual have opened a week early, today, Tuesday, October 6, 2015 and the dealers can actually place orders ??

Thanks,

MidCow3
So the order can be placed in the system and it sits there until the order banks physically open and then they're taken out of that system

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just had someone check the system, and he said no chance you can put an order in. Show us what you have.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have the ability to redact the information on mine until I get home. But, even though the top of the page says "Order Confirmation", at the bottom of the page it says "Press F4 to submit." I'm thinking this is the page where you confirm the order is to be submitted, not an actual submitted order.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I don't have the ability to redact the information on mine until I get home. But, even though the top of the page says "Order Confirmation", at the bottom of the page it says "Press F4 to submit." I'm thinking this is the page where you confirm the order is to be submitted, not an actual submitted order.
Yes, im looking at that now, Your order has not been actually submitted. There is not even pricing information on there.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It's submitted, in the system waiting to be picked up. The system will likely pick them up on 10/12. I've never talked to anyone that has a clear understanding of the process at the dealer level and nobody with a working knowledge to clarify the process.

I received the same print out when I ordered my ST.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blue's form looks different than mine, his actually shows that inquiry complete where mine says F4 to submit

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's submitted, in the system waiting to be picked up. The system will likely pick them up on 10/12. I've never talked to anyone that has a clear understanding of the process at the dealer level and nobody with a working knowledge to clarify the process.

I received the same print out when I ordered my ST.
My dealer can do the same, but says it should pull up pricing if it was working correctly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
So I'm still not clear on this, do allocations differ from orders or is the dealer actually placing an order to fulfill their allocation? If different do we know what the limit is for how many dealers can order?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just spoke to the sales manager of the dealership where my car is being ordered from. He said, and i do believe him to know his stuff, that if you honestly have a allocation and it was processed at the dealership, then it is in the system waiting to be picked up (automated) on the 12th when they (Manufacture) purge the order bank. I still have to go down to the dealer on the 12th (as I believe the rest of you will need to) and sign an agreement of terms for the car. Because on that day the hard numbers are printable.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts