Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I have an ST now, and am just starting to get info on the availability of the RS.

I spoke with one dealer last week didn't have a clue.

Does anyone know what is a 'good' or fair price for a base model?

Is there a thread with prices paid ?

I am moving to Maryland near DC in a few weeks, I can choose from many Ford dealers...

Has anyone ordered or put a deposit on one in this area ?

I can buy even from several hundred miles away / different state if it helps - can anyone recommend a dealer?

Are there any options you guys are thinking are 'must have?'

I was only thinking about the optional wheels as I hate the standard ones...

Thank you so much

Jeff

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Price you can get from the Ford website. The best way to find a dealer and car really is just to start calling around.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got mine at MSRP From Sheey Ford of Ashland. My sales person was Lisa and is is half decent at updating me when something changes. The sales manager seemed straight up. They are out of allocations but I'm sure they will put in an order for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In other words; fair price is MSRP.
Hi, so 36,605 is the NET price on the Ford site, which is $35,730 MSRP + destination.

I'm asking what people are paying (or will pay?) at dealers, their out the door price i guess it's called.

$35,730 MSRP...that's considered the best price for now?

When you special order, do you have an actual price...? Are some dealers better about adding on fees than others?

I'd like to find the best dealer in my area, there must be tons of Ford dealers within a few hours drive from DC...

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine at MSRP From Sheey Ford of Ashland. My sales person was Lisa and is is half decent at updating me when something changes. The sales manager seemed straight up. They are out of allocations but I'm sure they will put in an order for you.
did you leave a deposit to get on a waiting list, or special order one?

So really, MSRP no destination, or other markups? Wow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I left $1000 on a charge card as good faith. Standard dealer fees but msrp no adm. I got one of two allocated cars. Any others will be retail orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hi, so 36,605 is the NET price on the Ford site, which is $35,730 MSRP + destination.

I'm asking what people are paying (or will pay?) at dealers, their out the door price i guess it's called.

$35,730 MSRP...that's considered the best price for now?

When you special order, do you have an actual price...? Are some dealers better about adding on fees than others?

I'd like to find the best dealer in my area, there must be tons of Ford dealers within a few hours drive from DC...

Thanks!
Fees are going to vary by state and dealer.

I think fair price is MSRP (including delivery) + Fees. I did get an actual price, but I don't recall exactly what it was. I have it listed on my purchase agreement at home. I don't think the fees were more than $200. However, do note that I plan on handling all of the registration and plates myself.

So assuming your documentation type fees are $200.

36,605 (MSRP + Delivery)
$200 Documentation fees (what I consider actual "fees")
$2,208 Tax (we have 6% here in MI)

Out the door should be about $39,000.

You'll see that most people when talking about how much they paid for their car will say it in relation to MSRP. It's assumed that they are also paying taxes and dealer fees on top of that. Personally, I think MSRP +fees/tax is the "fair" price. You can check out what other people are paying in the thread below.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/1186-new-poll-those-who-have-ordered-what-did-you-pay.html

I'm paying MSRP -$100. So when I say that I mean I'm paying $100 less than the $39,000 total that you see above. That's what people mean when they say "I'm paying MSRP +/- X". I had to put down a $500 deposit.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm looking around the MD area to see if any dealers have any.

I bought a 2014 Raptor from Waldorf Ford and at the time was $500 over invoice - which was an incredible deal.

Looking to get the same kind of deal. But, looks like there is even less of these being made than the Raptor was during it's last run.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'm looking around the MD area to see if any dealers have any.

I bought a 2014 Raptor from Waldorf Ford and at the time was $500 over invoice - which was an incredible deal.

Looking to get the same kind of deal. But, looks like there is even less of these being made than the Raptor was during it's last run.
Better chance winning the powerball than getting the RS at invoice

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sure is looking that way.

Never paid MSRP for a vehicle, but the lust is strong with this one!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got mine for MSRP from Koons Sterling Ford.

I know that I am very lucky as well. They are trying to sell their remaining allocations with a ADM of $2500 up to $5000 for the NB RS.

·
Registered
476 Posts
So...

Been making calls to dealers around my area.

Found one that put me on a list for MSRP. Still hurts that I'm thinking of paying MSRP.

Found another dealer, much closer, that is adding $1000 to MSRP. I bought my Raptor from them and got it a little over invoice when they were going like crazy.

If I can talk them down - closer to MSRP - I'm ready to put a deposit down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
kapolani
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing