Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My sales guy told me today that he heard that atleast 2 dealerships had called willing to pay for my allocation. I am locked in at MSRP and it was a casual conversation so there was no need for him to lie. To me Ford has really screwed this up. When dealers are paying markup to other dealers so they can pass that along to us customers that is just sad. So want to just give this whole thing up and get a fully loaded golf R or 2016 limited STI but 350hp/350lbft under warranty is just too enticing to leave on the table. If fords new business model is performance and this whole 14 performance models in 2 years or whatever the planned number was then they should really have thought this out a little better.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Does seem from my dealership search that there's a large chunk of their dealer network in need of an enema.... or, lobotomy reversal. There are a few great ones I've encountered, but WOW are there some terrible ones.

·
Registered
520 Posts
One of my other local dealerships that I contacted in my search immediately advised me: "I'm selling the Focus RS's for 2k above MSRP, and I require a 1k deposit. I can't order them yet but I've sold a ton of GT350's and ST's so I shouldn't have any issues getting RS's". Says a lot about a dealer when the first thing they mention over the phone is ADM and required deposit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
One of my other local dealerships that I contacted in my search immediately advised me: "I'm selling the Focus RS's for 2k above MSRP, and I require a 1k deposit. I can't order them yet but I've sold a ton of GT350's and ST's so I shouldn't have any issues getting RS's". Says a lot about a dealer when the first thing they mention over the phone is ADM and required deposit.
Honestly.. I'd rather have a dealer who is upfront with me, so I don't waste time. No putzing around. I know exactly how much I'm paying. Better this than the guy who strings you along for 2 weeks, only to find out he's auctioning his allocation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly.. I'd rather have a dealer who is upfront with me, so I don't waste time. No putzing around. I know exactly how much I'm paying. Better this than the guy who strings you along for 2 weeks, only to find out he's auctioning his allocation.
Agreed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
In this case that may be reliable. Either way it shows that a lot of people on both sides of the fence are in the dark, kinda like the Dodge Hellcat ordering.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
not much to see here move along...
seriously though, nothing is illegal or even shifty about it. it is capitalism in its most pure form.
it sucks for the buyer, but anyone in a red state... here ya go, this is what you believe in right?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seriously though, nothing is illegal or even shifty about it. it is capitalism in its most pure form.
it sucks for the buyer, but anyone in a red state... here ya go, this is what you believe in right?
Yeah your right. Just something about them trying to weasel into my dealer and buy the allocation away bothers me. If it wasn't my car I would probably not care and say that's just business. It would suck though if there were a few decent dealers that were willing to do MSRP that are getting paid off by other greedy dealerships.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I can confirm dealers are trying to buy others allocations for over MSRP

·
Registered
197 Posts
Which means people are definitely paying large mark ups
The Dealer i got my allocation from had 2 RS's

I'm not going to pretend i dident pay ADM($1000), But i know for a fact that this dealer (Local to me) Gets and Sells Limited Production/Limited Edition cars frequently, They have been 100% honest and upfront about everything. they explained the retail order numbers and what would happen and when. They have given me everything i've asked the same day.

This really helps me get over the ADM, Id rather pay ADM at a dealer that is top notch and their for me, than pay MSRP and wonder what the heck is going on and be left in the dark

That being said I'd never consider paying ADM at a dealer that is shady or etc...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The Dealer i got my allocation from had 2 RS's

I'm not going to pretend i dident pay ADM($1000), But i know for a fact that this dealer (Local to me) Gets and Sells Limited Production/Limited Edition cars frequently, They have been 100% honest and upfront about everything. they explained the retail order numbers and what would happen and when. They have given me everything i've asked the same day.

This really helps me get over the ADM, Id rather pay ADM at a dealer that is top notch and their for me, than pay MSRP and wonder what the heck is going on and be left in the dark

That being said I'd never consider paying ADM at a dealer that is shady or etc...
$1k isn't that bad to be one of the first to own. Demand sets the pricing, people are clearly paying ADM, they just aren't coming on here to brag about it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
$1k isn't that bad to be one of the first to own. Demand sets the pricing, people are clearly paying ADM, they just aren't coming on here to brag about it.
yes i agree, the 2nd part of the story i left out by accident because i got sidetracked at work, is that the 2nd RS my dealer sold the guy supposedly walked in said name your price, and paid 5k ADM for the 2nd RS on the spot at the same dealer i got mine , people make money to spend on what they want.

If someone wants something bad, they are willing to pay more for it.

Supply and Demand is a hell of a thing ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
An Audi S4 is looking more and more promising by the day LAWL Sorry but paying over 40k for a Focus, RS or not is just retarded.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You're right, Ford is totally failing. And the way the auto industry is, there will be manufacturers building cars to compete with the RS and there will be a lot more of them. Just give it a year or two. I still think that Mazda is sitting back and draggingtheir feet with the Speed3 update so that they can get full details on the RS and then outdo it. It'll be a tough feat, but just what I think is going on. Ford is failing at an epic level here.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like any business there are people that can help and there are ones that, well let’s say really didn’t help. I’ve talked to a number of automobile sales people over the years and I found it very hard to find a salesperson that knows his product, knows how to order it, and communicate it back. Heck if I go to certain dealerships I’m surprised the same salesperson is still there. I have found a Dealership / Sales Person that is excellent and even though they are not the closest by far, it is the one I go too. The RS is a limited production car and unfortunately there will be deals made to get them, but as stated before it is free enterprise. Heck I’ve seen markups on Mustang GT500s at $20,000. It has been very interesting hearing everyone’s story so far and looking forward to spring 2016 to see what really happens.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If I don't get my RS I will just have to test drive a 2017 raptor and then proceed to smash through the showroom and do donuts until the engine explodes in front of everyone there after smashing all the display cars.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lol. Somehow Republicans are at fault.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Yes the republicans are to blame or everything that is messed up. That is why the USA didn't get the colors: Liquid Blue, Race Red, and Magnetic. Also the reason the USA didn't get, cooled/heated seats, full driver assistance (blind spot monitoring, cross-traffic, lane keep, dynamic cruise control, emergency power braking), full Recaro seats, standard swiveling bi-xenon headlights with headlight washers , rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, heated washer nozzles, and a heated windshield, parking sensors, rear privacy glass, power-fold side mirrors, and cool door edge protectors that automatically pop out when you open a door. Instead the USA gets greedy dealers that want to add ADM.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
19 Participants
Maple Villa
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing