Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you, like me, have been talking to different dealers to try and get a hold of the RS. But, what kind of markup are you seeing?

The first place I went to will have a slight markup of only like $500. (I put a down payment at this place and am first in line)

The second place I called said they're getting between 3 and 5 RS, so it must be a big dealership, and said their markup will be between 5k and 10k. I laughed and said "Ok, have a good day".

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've contacted 3 dealerships (Austin area), including the one that sold me my ST, and none of them have heard of the RS much less looked at pricing. There are two other dealerships I refuse to work with so I may be shooting myself in the foot.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm sure some of you, like me, have been talking to different dealers to try and get a hold of the RS. But, what kind of markup are you seeing?

The first place I went to will have a slight markup of only like $500. (I put a down payment at this place and am first in line)

The second place I called said they're getting between 3 and 5 RS, so it must be a big dealership, and said their markup will be between 5k and 10k. I laughed and said "Ok, have a good day".
I am working with one dealer who I've dealt with previously. No mark up, but no incentives either.

My understanding is that no allocations have been officially announced so they are probably basing their numbers off previous limited editions.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Just heard back from Stealership #4 out my way.

Stealership #) Official RS pricing policy.

1) Uhhhhhhh..... duh...... What's an RS.
2) ADM $5,000-$10,000.
3) ADM $7,500.
4) ADM $7,500-$10,000.

These are all in the greater Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA area.

Unless I decide that I want to deal with one of these "D.A.T.C."s [1] for service, I'm moving on to plan B. If I finally do decide that I'll deal with them for service, I'll buy one from Jon, then drive it to all 4 D.A.T.C.'s and do Ken Block style donuts in the middle of their service drive. Phuque 'em...

On the fun side, I will be happy to act as the official "Badwill Ambassador", for all the local stealerships. Gratis of course.

[1] Domestic Automotive Terrorist Centers

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I am working with one dealer who I've dealt with previously. No mark up, but no incentives either.

My understanding is that no allocations have been officially announced so they are probably basing their numbers off previous limited editions.
if you are talking about initial allocations, they have been announced to all the dealers I have been in contact with. Any dealer you call in the New England area seems to know if they are getting initial allocations. so far I haven't heard of any dealer that isnt, but perhaps those are the same dealers that dont have a clue about the RS.
seems distribution will be following the popularity of sti's, evos, R32, etc in the area and it would seem that in areas like California, Colorado, Pac NW, New England may get more initial allocations than other regions that are not as popular with awd.
this is all IMO, but I read the **** outta the forums and I feel semi informed.

·
Registered
971 Posts
if you are talking about initial allocations, they have been announced to all the dealers I have been in contact with. Any dealer you call in the New England area seems to know if they are getting initial allocations. so far I haven't heard of any dealer that isnt, but perhaps those are the same dealers that dont have a clue about the RS.
seems distribution will be following the popularity of sti's, evos, R32, etc in the area and it would seem that in areas like California, Colorado, Pac NW, New England may get more initial allocations than other regions that are not as popular with awd.
this is all IMO, but I read the **** outta the forums and I feel semi informed.
As of Saturday my dealer had not heard anything officially, but I will definitely be checking back with him tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I live in SoCal and have called at least ten dealerships to try and get an order in to no avail. The only one so far that's mentioned a markup is Santa Monica Ford. I can tell you who won't be getting my money...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the markup was $5,000

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
First dealer I've been talking to say "OVER" sticker, but could not give me a number as the guy that does orders is on vacation. I stopped at another dealer today, guy knew about the car and said no markup. I'm only one in line. Only thing that concerns me is they want me to get the dealer allocation rather then placing a special order. Need to get a better understanding of why that would be, as in what benefit is it to them, and how it could be one to me.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First dealer I've been talking to say "OVER" sticker, but could not give me a number as the guy that does orders is on vacation. I stopped at another dealer today, guy knew about the car and said no markup. I'm only one in line. Only thing that concerns me is they want me to get the dealer allocation rather then placing a special order. Need to get a better understanding of why that would be, as in what benefit is it to them, and how it could be one to me.
My dealer said the same thing, but then said on the 12th I can come in and build it with him. So, there might be some confusion there.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I believe allocation/stock will come in sooner, so if you get them to order one to your specification would seem like a win win. This is what my dealer has suggested as soon as they know their allocation.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Placed my order put 500 down with the dealer today.
Will find out total price in oct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite few of us here did the same, as a matter of fact I did this with two dealers as I'm sure others have to,maybe even at more places. However, that doesn't guaranty us the car at all. We will all know i beginning of October.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Quite few of us here did the same, as a matter of fact I did this with two dealers as I'm sure others have to,maybe even at more places. However, that doesn't guaranty us the car at all. We will all know i beginning of October.
My dealer doesn't want a deposit unless FMC require one as part of the order process.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
My dealer doesn't want a deposit unless FMC require one as part of the order process.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Yeah most likely because deposits are not sanction by FMC at this point but rather dealer. Basically they (dealers) don't want deposit because they can't guarantee you a car with it. Only once they know allocations they will get deposit. At least one of my dealers is like that. I think it's a sound business ideology. Also, I made sure my deposit is refundable if I don't get the car (either because they want over MSRP, or I don't like color, or I don't like car or for whatever the reason may be).

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dealer asked for down payment if I wanted to be #1 on their list. So I gave them that cash ASAP. They'll probably only be getting 1 or 2 since they're pretty small, so no/little markup.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just heard back from Stealership #4 out my way.

Stealership #) Official RS pricing policy.

1) Uhhhhhhh..... duh...... What's an RS.
2) ADM $5,000-$10,000.
3) ADM $7,500.
4) ADM $7,500-$10,000.

These are all in the greater Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA area.

Unless I decide that I want to deal with one of these "D.A.T.C."s [1] for service, I'm moving on to plan B. If I finally do decide that I'll deal with them for service, I'll buy one from Jon, then drive it to all 4 D.A.T.C.'s and do Ken Block style donuts in the middle of their service drive. Phuque 'em...

On the fun side, I will be happy to act as the official "Badwill Ambassador", for all the local stealerships. Gratis of course.

[1] Domestic Automotive Terrorist Centers
Hahahaha Stealership is right. I can't wait to see how retarded some of the stealerships are going to be around me, I plan on taking some pics of the ADMs just for some good laughs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I talked with one of my local dealerships yesterday. I emailed them first asking, their allotment, when will I be able to order, how much of a deposit and I am willing to pay MSRP.

I got a call from the internet lady and she said she will put my name on a list but they can't order until NOVEMBER!? and would call me as soon as ordering opens up. I said ok.

About an hour later I get a call from the sales manager and he chuckled when I told him I would like the RS. He said he has had a bunch of phone calls about getting on a list and they are not making a list as they do not know their allotment yet. I chuckled back with oh really? I then asked about the price and he said if they get one or two there will be a significant mark up but if they get 10-15 they will do MSRP.

I'm scratching this dealer off the list .......

RICHMOND FORD

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hahahaha Stealership is right. I can't wait to see how retarded some of the stealerships are going to be around me, I plan on taking some pics of the ADMs just for some good laughs.
Great idea!!! That'd make a fun thread.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts