Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just out of curiosity who here expects to see double digit numbers on their new car odometer before they even get their hands on it? Ive got a feeling there is a line of salesmen that just waiting for mine to come in. That thought makes me wonder what rights do we as a buyer have to the cars condition before for we ever get it? Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Is there a mileage limit that a dealer can put on a car before he has to knock down the price?
Thanks
Sindre

·
Registered
239 Posts
While my salesman is super excited.. he is going to call me the moment the truck pulls in so I can come over and get it.. so doubtful that they would do any joy rides.. although I might be nice and let them drive/ride in it with me afterwards :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ask your dealer to notify you when it arrives and to not remove any of the shipping plastics they use to protect the vehicle in transit. Also ask to be part of the PDI (pre delivery inspection) as you have a right to be present.

This should ideally prevent any wayward "use" of your vehicle :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I know my pals 2016 Sti came with 124kms when he asked about it the Salesman said it was possibly extra QC. Who knows, but I figure in order for my car to be delivered quite a few people will be after driving it, Factory Workers, Ship and Rail Steward, Tractor Trailer Driver, along with Salesman. I wouldn't be surprised to see 60-80 kms. I hope it comes wrapped like the Audi's and Corvette!

·
Registered
143 Posts
My salesman asked if I would let him drive it after I picked it up. I see no reason why not, just means he ain't going on a rip by himself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is crazy to see that many miles/km..... When purchased new M3 from dealer he had it trucked in from another dealers lot and it was delivered to me with 7 miles on it. Have purchased 2 new cars both BMW for my wife and they both had less than 10 miles on them when delivered both came from Germany as well. My cars have all come with substantially more miles....(but they were all used!)

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think that these being some of the first vehicles available, they will likely get more drive time when leaving the factory. So I would expect high teens for miles.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not only is my salesman going to let me know when the vehicle is on the way, he also has one coming and respects the specifics around this vehicle, especially crunching your knuckles around the wheel as the first and only person to feel and drive their car. So believe in the power of trust, establish that with your salesperson/dealer and all will be well I feel.

Yeah you can also ask them to forgo the intake, inspection, test drive, etc.

But it would be funny to be pulling in and seeing an RS out front, with a crowd standing around, touching and leaning on your car, then them realizing its your car when you walk up with the key and get in it and send a little smoke up their nose. Maybe that is a movie scene or something...but still may happen.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't remember if it was Roush or Saleen, but they had a disclaimer next to the window sticker saying something like..."due to performance road tests and Dyno tests your vehicles odometer should read xx miles". The one I saw said 16 miles.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
As to whether your RS will come through with mileage or not is unknown. Maybe at the mfg. level it was taken out or maybe the dockworker unloading the car from the container ship ran it around the docks or maybe the mechanic doing the PDI went out for lunch in it. I doubt you'll get a straight answer. We always saw a few miles on new cars coming off the transporter- usually less then 10. It was understood at my dealership that one didn't just grab a key and test drive a sold vehicle unless it was the owner who insisted. As for being present during the PDI, most shops have a strict rules about letting customers into the shop. The key is to discuss with your dealer what your expectations are.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ford takes some of the cars at random for quality testing so you may get one that was selected. Either way if you get one with double digit miles it does not mean that the dealership was having fun in your car. You should only be concerned about the miles on the car if they are over 25 miles and you do not have a sticker from the factory saying they tested your car. My dealership gets cars all the time that have more then 10 miles on them straight off the truck. In any situation the dealership will not take anything off the price cause I'm sure you have already set the price you are going to pay and even if the car had 100 miles on it they will only knock the price down a few dollars ex: $100. which is not worth it in my eyes. The dealership is the one in power for this car cause if you don't buy it someone else will cause of the limited availability of the car. Just be happy you are getting a RS and others are not. But in all of this I HIGHLY doubt any dealership employees will be joy riding in anyone's car cause that is cause for termination most places

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would be supremely pissed if I saw double-digits without a good explanation. Bought my current car new @ 4 miles, and I expect similar here

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
double digits is not unheard of when a vehicle comes off the truck. our system puts 10 miles on every new car that comes in by default, we have to change the paperwork by hand.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Double digits...I once bought a 'new' car that was a dealer locate...and when I went in to pick it up it had over 400 miles logged. I reluctantly still bought it due to free stuff thrown in as part of the deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was just thinking this exact same thing. I'm in a smaller city with only 1 Ford Dealership. I know I would be extremely pissed off if I saw my car being taken out for a test drive by the dealership before I had gotten to pick it up. Unfortunately when I signed my purchase agreement they include that there may be a few miles on it due to transport and such. Anything more than 20 kms and I will definitely be complaining/inquiring.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My dealer said I can watch it come off the truck and then I can drive it from there. I'd say just talk to your dealer about any concerns you have.

·
Registered
284 Posts
All the cars I have ordered from my dealer (Genesis Coupe, BRZ, Fiesta ST and Focus ST) have had between 5-7 miles.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
31 Participants
NickJ
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing