Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I've got an interesting situation. I made a deposit at a dealer on Tuesday(busy with work Monday) we agreed to MSRP and I picked a dead stock black car. The salesman told me that the manager that makes the orders was not in and he would be in to make the order on Wednesday.

I know I should have just said ok I will be back to pay the deposit on Wednesday, but I was super excited and happy this dealer agreed to MSRP so I signed the buyer order and put down 1k. I call Wednesday after work to ask the salesman to email me a copy of VOC, he says he's about to leave and that he will send it in the morning. Fine. Thursday morning I receive a weird email from the salesman asking what we can come to terms on to get a sale done. I call and he says it's automated and to ignore it, I ask again for him to send the VOC and he says he will get on it.

Today in the afternoon I receive an email from him containing a pdf(shared below with redacted info) of a Preview Order made on Thursday about a half hour after I had called him. I call again and ask politely for VOC and DORA by end of today. I haven't received anything yet and I'm skeptical I will. What are my options in going forward with this? If this dealer is not going to be able to get the car I would like to be able to continue shopping without them holding onto my 1k. I'm very annoyed and stressed out as this is my first car buying experience.

zLCJvsN.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
I feel you dude.. haven't gotten either.. but got an order number.. been bugging my sales guy for something more..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yup, I'm with you on the nervous side. I stuck with my dealer since I first heard about the car coming to the states and when it got around to ordering time, we went over my options and settled on MSRP. They had me sign the order confirmation and copied my license BEFORE they actually submitted it so I was not given a specific order number nor priority number at the time. I also didn't know about these forums when I placed the order so I didn't think to ask how many my dealer was being allocated. Called my dealer today and the sales manager did confirm that my order was placed in the OB but he needed to wait for the person who orders cars for the dealership group returned to work next week (10/19) to get the number, priority, and allocation stats. I'm pretty confident because they're a large and reputable dealership but I'll be able to stop fidgeting nervously once I receive my order#/priority/the dealer allocation (or better yet the DORA).

I'll be in contact with them over the weekend and into next week so hopefully it all comes together....;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts