Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was informed the dealer was unable to actually place an order yet and as a result, unable to confirm the MSRP. Ford Canada has a configurator which generates an MSRP, yet they won't allow dealers to order yet? Sounds like a runaround to me. But I'm told GM has done the same thing with Z06 cars this year.

Has anyone had an order confirmation including a firm MSRP from a Canadian dealer yet? If so, I would like to hear dealer names.

Thanks, Jacob

·
Registered
167 Posts
Today I was informed the dealer was unable to actually place an order yet and as a result, unable to confirm the MSRP. Ford Canada has a configurator which generates an MSRP, yet they won't allow dealers to order yet? Sounds like a runaround to me. But I'm told GM has done the same thing with Z06 cars this year.

Has anyone had an order confirmation including a firm MSRP from a Canadian dealer yet? If so, I would like to hear dealer names.

Thanks, Jacob
Unless they are trying to tell you they don't have any allocated cars left, it sounds likes a run around. On another thread, people are talking about Canadian orders already scheduled for build.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/26-focus-rs-canada/1452-canadian-builds-delivery-date.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
the Canadian price is on the website you can build one I ordered my rs in November got my order number and everything not scheduled to be built yet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
320 Posts

Thanks, Jacob
You might be the only Canadian on here who has been told that. My order was in with voc in-hand in November and I think a few other Canadians had theirs in even earlier. And MSRP is confirmed.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Contact Webb Ford in Vermillion or Medicine Hat Ford. I hear they both have an allocated one available as of a couple days ago.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Sounds a lot like what my dealer told me in November. Order banks opened on Oct 12th. Reach out to Ford Canada Customer Service 1-800-565-3673 have your dealer contact information ready and they will help. I had to do this after visiting my local ford, My Dealer did not have proper info on the RS. After the Call, Ford Canada reached out to my dealer and gave them all the proper information on the RS. You should be able to order at MSRP . After you pull trigger and your deal is done ask for your vehicle order confirmation , Return back to the forum and beg :eek: one of the 3 wise men found in this thread for your order status they will keep a eye on your Build!
Good Luck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frozen Mike, thank you. Very helpful!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
The individual responsible for ordering.
When I went in, I asked the receptionist to talk directly with the sales manager having assumed the salesmen would know jack. I was right.

For sure call the number Mike gave you. Once you have your VOC, ensure you get your DORA later on too. Then come join us in the waiting game!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered mine last week, Dealer told me a week ago it was a go, and they were only allocated 1, cars deposit is down and its mine, wont see it till march they said.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: They experienced a problem trying to access the internal "SVT portal" to do the order. Ford Canada will need to correct the problem. Dealer general manager is committed to resolving the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update2: They fixed their "SVT portal" problem and ordered the car today. I now have an order number and should complete paperwork tomorrow. But given my inherent distrust of car dealerships, I will admit to having doubts about this buying process.

Thank you all for your advice. Now over to the order status thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered mine last week, Dealer told me a week ago it was a go, and they were only allocated 1, cars deposit is down and its mine, wont see it till march they said.
Just out of curiosity which dealer in E-Town are you going through?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just out of curiosity which dealer in E-Town are you going through?
Zender Ford , I got the only one they were allocated, I've been harassing them for 2 years and they called the second they got the order sheet and allocation and I signed lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: FINALLY selected for scheduling in July. At least the allocation is real now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts