Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sales order confirmation from my dealer with the agreed price and note of deposit paid. When the car turns up can the dealer just turn around and say they want another 5K or I don't get the car? Feeling a bit paranoid right now.....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is the agreed price in writing? If it is, you're good. However, if nothing is in writing the dealer could do whatever they wish. Just stick to your guns and remember it's just a car if they try to screw you. And then take them to court on bate a switch charges, maybe your RS will be free.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Get your note countersigned by someone high up in the dealership so they can't play the "rogue salesman" card. With a senior management signature on it, in CA you will be pretty bulletproof.

Jim

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just got put pricing and sign on the bill of sale as I did, but they didn't have pricing out at the time so I simply put msrp.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Don't worry about it, there is not a line of people with 40 grand in there pocket that want the RS. My dealer had two allocations and only sold one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Don't worry about it, there is not a line of people with 40 grand in there pocket that want the RS. My dealer had two allocations and only sold one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dealer is only getting one. Three people in line for it. Good thing I was there first by a long shot (Feb).

·
Registered
334 Posts
When you put down a deposit, they have to put the price of the car on the bill of sale. If you have given the dealership money for a deposit but you don't get a bill of sale, the dealership is acting illegally because they're not just allowed to change the price once you've put money down. It's a binding contract.

If they try to pull something where they raise the price, threaten to call a lawyer. If that doesn't work, walk away from that sale. It's not worth getting hosed on a deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts