Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve posted this info on Facebook a few times but figured I’d share also on the forums!

Recently got the opportunity to join the Damond Motorsport team this past week and today I received the “ Holy Trilogy “ Mount Set! I’ve been wanting to upgrade my RMM for awhile now and today we did just that! As y’all know I’m an avid track guy on the course rather than the strip and from my Subaru days, a set of good engine and trans mounts completely changes the feel of the car! This was no exception!

Here are photos!

161CD223-90C1-4CF6-9909-6D556B6D9179.jpeg
D88F9E03-A29F-4AE5-9E02-CACF92BF8513.jpeg
6ED4D5FE-DEFA-438D-9398-7A0320CA0704.jpeg
AB281A9B-8CDA-432D-9491-BB8CEEA3C168.jpeg

Everything was packed with bubble wrap, neatly organized , and also properly labeled ! Instructions on how to prep the bushings are on the Damond motorsport website!

Installed photos!

92546D78-33F6-4AA2-BF19-E90A9758E6ED.jpeg
View attachment 308262
F26AB2EF-983B-4AEE-A8E2-E92FC6FF78C5.jpeg
5A64234A-E4FF-4EB5-914A-E6DABE794596.jpeg

Install time was 1 hour on the dot with air tools, lift and experience from start to finish! Everything fit beautifully and had no issues at all!

I drove home in traffic so I’m only in it 25 miles and man if you want some STIFF mounts these are the one! 1st gear all the vibration at the moment but break in is typically 500 miles from other platform experiences! The power laid down quickly and feels one with the whole chassis! Please note I have a roll cage, pierce motorsport bracing, coilovers , race seats etc so YMMV on overall feel! I personally love how it feels right now! I wanted something stiff and to the point and these 3 mounts just did that!

As a bonus and now Damond Motorsport sponsored driver, they let me have a coupon code to provide any ST RS mounts at a small discounted rate! Hey better than nothing right!

Discount code is

ICOMEfromROME

Direct link here:

https://damondmotorsports.com/discount/iComeFromRome

Appreciate y’all time and I’ll update this thread once I break her in more! Give me a few weeks Bc I do have a track day at Buttonwillow on July 28!

Any questions please post bellow and if I don’t have the info I’ll do my best to find an answer for you!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I love your posts, man. So much excitement, every sentence gets an exclamation mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have these mounts in my car except the rear which was mountune. It was supposed to remove wheel hop and it did not so these went in and I will do the rear if these do not fix the issue at the strip.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have these mounts in my car except the rear which was mountune. It was supposed to remove wheel hop and it did not so these went in and I will do the rear if these do not fix the issue at the strip.
Let us know how it works ! I personally don’t do any type of launching or drag racing etc. Got them for my roadcourse driving! Matthew Davey ( Damond motorsport) is big in autox and roadcourse from his own shop FOST so lots of the products offered from them seem to be aimed with the track guys in mind! There’s not much else to fix said wheel hop beside the RMM and this set up specifically so after your RMM replacement post up and see what results you get!

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DF0D0439-8796-4390-807A-9298112B226B.jpeg
752BDCFF-E054-40E5-9D35-BA69F2EDE25B.jpeg

Ran Mountune one for about 20k Miles . Difference between the 2

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
500 mile update:

Please note: I have a pretty stiff car, race seats, cage, chassi brackng, coils, sway bars etc etc so my total feel for the car will be different than how yours might end up!

The mounts have settled it tons from before! Obviously changing it up from the OEM set up total NVH feel has gone up 10-15% at idle AC OFF. With AC on the nvh increases by tons probably around 25-30% more. The real jaw breaker is getting off 1st gear, that will shake your dentures off! As far as performance throttle feel and crisp shifting has gotten better! Tommorow is the real test! I have buttonwillow track day so we’ll see how it goes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts