Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey!

I'll be posting new releases of the software here because it gets lost in the general "Cracking the Code: RDU Tuning Development" discussion.
Please ask questions / comment in the original thread.

Quick instruction:
1. Install and run VMWare
-For Windows/Linux - VMWare Player (freeware)
-For MacOS - VMWare Fusion (trial is ok)
2. Download the VM image (link below)
3. Uncompress it using 7zip (Download)
4. Add the image to your Virtual Machines Library by either clicking "+" -> Import and selecting the Daftracing image or simply by dragging the vm image
5. Start the VM by double clicking "Daftracing 20.x" in the left pane
6. Ubuntu should start and automatically log in "daftracing" user (password is "daftracing" if you ever need to sudo)
7. Start the auto-install script by double clicking "DaftRDU" shortcut
8. Precisely follow the script's instructions

VM link: 20200908r2_DaftWorks.7z
Source code: https://github.com/daftracing/

New in this release:
  • Carloop Bluetooth and Pro support
  • Lincoln MKZ initial support
  • Focus RS tunes: Fixed 2x1300Nm during LC then 12% overdrive (2 variants)

·
Administrator
16,988 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
@Kacper I just browsed through the other thread but don't have time to read all of it, can you please edit your original post to explain what all the acronyms mean and what they control/monitor? And what +12.5%/+25% etc actually change?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
deleted...

Reactions: misterchonger

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for the hostility, sorry my day job doesn't afford me the time to read 30-page long threads because I have nothing more important going on. I'm also not a wrencher so maybe you're right, I wouldn't get it. But in my line of work, if you can't explain a concept to someone else in layman's terms then it's also likely you don't [fully] understand it, anyway. Which is why I asked the resident expert on tuning the RDU to help explain it to someone like me, not you @FORZDA 2.

But since you've offered, what is SWVEC? How does that affect RDU function?

I'm assuming the torque multiplier percentage is forcing the RDU to "boost" that much power that the main driveshaft is putting to the RDU like it does in Drift Mode to get the rear wheels to spin faster than the fronts (to power-on oversteer), rather than having the RDU only do it when it senses loss of traction?

My loss of understanding I think comes where I read that the car doesn't behave like a "real-time" AWD where the rear wheels are always getting power no matter what? So how does the +x% flash change that?

Example would be if under OEM settings the car is a maximum 60/40 split F/R with no RDU multiplier when the car senses it needs to send power to the rear, but with the +25% boost it's a virtual 60/50(40+10) split when it decides to kick in? And then when the car is not under slip conditions then it's 100/(25) rather than 100/0?

Reactions: Focus112

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
deleted...

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
1,046 Posts
Hey!

I'll be posting new releases of the software here because it gets lost in the general "Cracking the Code: RDU Tuning Development" discussion.
This thread isn't for asking questions and discussions. READ the 1st post... I quoted (and bolded) it. This thread was created by Kacper for Kacper's release updates.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Hey!

Quick instruction:
4. Add the image to your Virtual Machines Library by either clicking "+" -> Import and selecting the Daftracing image or simply by dragging the vm image
6. Ubuntu should start and automatically log in "daftracing" user (password is "daftracing" if you ever need to sudo)

Source code: daftracing - Overview

New in this release:
@Kacper

is there any way to make an option for fwd in sport instead of normal? Just have an additional option to choose from.

I love the feature. I just hate it dinging at me every time I start the car or throw it back into normal pulling into the neighborhood. I’d rather it be a feature I can select rather than forced into it every start or when I’m driving easy warming the car up(typically in normal until operating temp) when it’s snowing. Rather have awd as an option with dull throttle in snow.

Doable? Be a huge win for me. I never use sport mode so it would be like it’s own feature.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
My loss of understanding I think comes where I read that the car doesn't behave like a "real-time" AWD where the rear wheels are always getting power no matter what? So how does the +x% flash change that?
I can say that Honda's RT[A|4]WD (from working on Civic wagons and 1st Gen CR-Vs) there is no power to the rear until the front is turning faster than the rear. On the old wagons there was a viscous coupler on the prop shaft, the front turned with the front diff and the rear turned by the rear diff, normally driving by the rear wheels as they were pulled along). When the front and rear parts of the prop shaft are close to the same RPM there is very little torque transferred through the coupler, when the differences become greater from a front wheel slipping the viscous fluid would thicken up and transfer torque to the rear wheels. One of the short comings of this system is that if the rear wheel slips too the system keeps going up and down on the amount of torque transferred through the coupler.
The CR-V's system was a little better. It uses a dual pump system, one driven by the prop shaft and the other by the rear yoke off the rear pinion gear. There is a chamber that when pressurized it will engage a lock between the the prop shaft with the rear yoke. And while there is load on it from the front it seems to stay engages. The front pump pumps fluid into the mentioned chamber and the rear pump pumps it out, so while both are at the same speed no pressure, just FWD.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey!

Quick instruction:

Source code: daftracing - Overview

New in this release:
Can anyone walk me thru the steps here?
I'm stuck at step 3.
What's the screen look like?
I have no clue when it comes to stuff like this.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
so i have a question. i have successfully flashed the RDU code a while ago. and today i got the hand break mod from nutron, I went to flash the ABS code and it was going great then it all froze. i let it sit for almost an hour with no progress, then my laptop froze as well. anyways now the abs module i would assume is broke. is there anyway to reflash the stock code or is it toast and i have to buy a new one?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
deleted

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Fusion on my Mac works just great 👍

1 - 19 of 19 Posts