Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2018 Fall Edit....

Wow what a great year it's been. What started out as a small project with my neighbor to get me some custom fog lights just for my own use , has turned out into something that the community really seems to enjoy!

I think we've helped out over 100 members across North America get some custom fog lamps for their RS.

Thanks for all the support guys!

Here are our available bulbs!!!

Regular Output Yellows: $45 Shipped with 2600k 750 lumens

IMG_20170821_201411961 by Intervention302, on Flickr

IMG_20170824_221637785 by Intervention302, on Flickr

tapatalk_1518737098349 by Intervention302, on Flickr

Super High Output Yellows: $75 Shipped, 1200 lumens, limited availability

IMG_20180226_214710399 by Intervention302, on Flickr

2018-03-08_04-43-21 by Intervention302, on Flickr

2018-03-08_04-42-49 by Intervention302, on Flickr

Super High Output Whites: $75 Shipped 4700k 1,000 lumens, limited availability

DSC_8371 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_8436 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_8375 by Intervention302, on Flickr

Small lighting project with my neighbor. He runs a headlamp processing plant and wanted to help make me a set of custom made yellow fog lights.

2600k, 700 lumens, and factory 35 watts. Fits with no trimming, yellow overlay films, or worry of higher wattages melting any wires or harnesses. Made in GERMANY, OEM quality, because its the OEM bulb. Should last quite a while as well. Really happy with the final results​

For those who don't like the yellow look and want a bulb that perfectly matches the OEM temperature HIDs, he is also working on a set of fog lights that matches. He can accurately measure lumens and temperature.

Also we are working on making a OEM HIDs temperature turning bulb or cornering bulb. That off yellow bulb that comes on at full lock. He thinks he can custom make some that come much closer to OEM temperature

PS: For those interested in buying a set of these fog lights, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it!

Also working on a OEM HIDs temperature turning/cornering bulb. Finally!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got a pair. Well made. OEM look and clean, just like I like it.

Would def consider getting some other lighting goodies you guys come up with.

Great turn around and service! Thanks again!

·
5,608 Posts
Looks sic..

Where do i buy these?
Count me in.

Will be first to buy.
Sucker 4 yellow fog lights..

Edit : check your PM.. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got to drive with them this morning.

Love the output. It does throw a good amount of light.

I had swapped out LED's in the fogs and have been running them for the past few months. Liked the LED's but they were bright as hell and would get flashed high beams occasionally while driving. Was also told a couple of times by base guards that they were bright as well. I was thinking of putting the yellow film overlays on the LED's but wanted an OEM like solution. So, got these. Happy with the results!

The yellow fogs blend very well with our headlights - meaning that while driving things aren't all yellow in front of you.

I'm digging them!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sub'd. Not interested in the yellow but would like to see matched temp fogs and turning bulbs.
I got to approve the turning bulbs before we go "public".

It's going to take a couple more weeks to get them right. If anybody can, this guy will
Looks sic..

Where do i buy these?
Count me in.

Will be first to buy.
Sucker 4 yellow fog lights..

Edit : check your PM.. :)
PM sent :)
Same here!
Got to drive with them this morning.

Love the output. It does throw a good amount of light.

I had swapped out LED's in the fogs and have been running them for the past few months. Liked the LED's but they were bright as hell and would get flashed high beams occasionally while driving. Was also told a couple of times by base guards that they were bright as well. I was thinking of putting the yellow film overlays on the LED's but wanted an OEM like solution. So, got these. Happy with the results!

The yellow fogs blend very well with our headlights - meaning that while driving things aren't all yellow in front of you.

I'm digging them!
Appreciate the kind words and we are very happy you're happy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shipped out 3 sets yesterday. Hoping you guys really like the fog's

I'm excited to try out the cornering bulbs. Now just to hound my neighbor to get it done :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm really interested in the HID matched fogs and turning bulbs. I may have trouble though since I'm using Osram CBI's in my heads. If you matched the turning and fogs to the stock bulbs, they may be a bit more yellow than the CBI's.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hm never thought I'd want to go yellow but that does look good...
Yes it does :)

How about a test kit of orange for a member?

I'm really interested in the HID matched fogs and turning bulbs. I may have trouble though since I'm using Osram CBI's in my heads. If you matched the turning and fogs to the stock bulbs, they may be a bit more yellow than the CBI's.
We will work on the Hid matched very soon. I believe he said 4600-4800k is the goal for a perfect match

Cornering bulbs are a bit more involved and will take time

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is version 1 of the amber fogs. Want to further tweak it just a bit

Also have some orange side markers to go in here soon. So orange bulb with the orange lens as well

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks to the Op @Intervention302 for hooking it up with the yellow fogs, I really like them.

Here is what it looks like on my car - the pics suck but at least you can get a little taste. If you want to go with stock bulbs just a yellow color, its an awesome solution.

20170307_183803.jpg

The above is with the passenger side yellow, driver's side stock.

20170307_201206.jpg

The above shows the new yellow bulbs - looks great.

20170307_200351.jpg

LoL on this one it looks like they played tic-tac-toe in my paint under the fog lamp cover. I think I read somewhere they make these marks for quality control or something ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just wanted to say thanks to the Op @Intervention302 for hooking it up with the yellow fogs, I really like them.

Here is what it looks like on my car - the pics suck but at least you can get a little taste. If you want to go with stock bulbs just a yellow color, its an awesome solution.

The above is with the passenger side yellow, driver's side stock.

The above shows the new yellow bulbs - looks great.

LoL on this one it looks like they played tic-tac-toe in my paint under the fog lamp cover. I think I read somewhere they make these marks for quality control or something ...

I'm really happy that you're happy man and enjoying your bulbs. I enjoy mine a bunch

you need to lower the passenger side of your hood!
Didn't notice until you said something. I wonder how many others need to adjust their bump stops?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update...

Revision 1 of the turning bulbs are complete. Came out reasonably close to the OEM HID color. Will be much much closer match than out OEM bulbs.

As you can see the bulb design is a bit different than OEM, but should still work. Obviously I will be testing these and do my best to get accurate pictures of these.

I am going on a short vacation next week, I'll have photos up after that ASAP.

Estimated price will be $30-35 shipped in lower 48

To our knowledge, you can't buy aftermarket 4000k+ turning bulbs anywhere aftermarket yet

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a sucker for yellow fogs.... may be interested :happy:
PM me if you're interested. He has 3 sets ready to go
Thanks @Intervention302 will try to post better shot soon but overall very happy with the new fogs!

It's tough to take pictures believe me I know haha.

If you turn down the brightness of the camera, it helps a bit. But not much

Glad you're enjoying your bulbs!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HID matched turning bulbs are done :)

$30 shipped, able to ship out early next week.

It was raining out so I did the best I could to photograph the difference

I liked how it turns the housing a bit blue overall. Lumens are a touch down, but the color is definitely worth it to me. I am very happy with the kit

These are a bit tricky to install, but I took some video to help out that I can post later on. You'll at least need a simple pick tool, that's about it.

OEM

Matched

Bulbs off

Bonus shot of the final orange kit we sent out

1 - 20 of 245 Posts