Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I know this is probably pretty silly asking this question this early but...

My wife asked me what I want for Christmas and of course I started thinking of things I'll need for the RS :)

Here's the items that I've thrown out there have me a bit concerned as to if they'll fit.

WeatherTech Floor Mats / Trunk Mats / Window Guards
Floor Mats – Black 2015 Ford Focus | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com
Trunk Mat – Black 2015 Ford Focus | WeatherTech Custom Cargo Liners Cargo Mat | WeatherTech.com
Window Deflectors – Dark 2015 Ford Focus | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

RallyArmor Mud Flaps – Blue Logo
2012+ Ford Focus Mud Flaps Blue Logo, Rally Armor

Like I said, its probably too early to know for sure, but what do you guys think?

Cheers!
Josh

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't see why the floor mats and deflectors wouldn't fit, but I'm not so sure about the trunk mat and mud flaps. I thought I heard something about the trunk area being changed slightly to fit the RDU, I don't know if this changed the floors footprint... Also, the rear bumper is different so there's probably a good chance they'll release new mud flaps.

Personally, I'll definitely be getting weathertechs at some point.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The front floor mats will likely fit with no issue. However, the rear floor mats will probably be a few inches off due to the center "hump" for the driveshaft.

Same problem with my Fusion AWD. I bought the weather techs anyways and just dealt with the difference

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The trunk has a raised floor to make room for the rear differential. There is also a sub back there so there. The regular Focus mat may work with some trimming.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Weathertech trunk mat and Husky liners for the front and rear of my ST. I'm really hoping they all fit.
Well I'm thinking they will, they haven't changed since 2012. 2012-2015 all have the same part number on Weathertech's site. Now only if someone would take a picture of the rear floor to see if there's a difference in 'hump'...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The trunk has a raised floor to make room for the rear differential. There is also a sub back there so there. The regular Focus mat may work with some trimming.
I'm not so sure its raised by that much, if any, as they simply removed the spare. IMO that should be more than enough room for the RDU.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was thinking that the lip might be a little too high given that in my car a Focus ST, with a full size spare, it sticks up a bit. Other Focus don't have a full size spare and the lip is flush.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may have just answered my own question for the Weathertech products... Judging by these pics, the interior is identical (or at least close enough) to the 2015 ST.

2015 Focus ST hatch
2015-Ford-Focus-ST-boot.jpg

2016 Focus RS hatch
ford-cn4ud-focus-rs-3d-2015-30.jpg

2015 Focus ST rear seats
2015-Ford-Focus-ST-rear-seat-legroom.jpg

2016 Focus RS rear seats
ford-cn4ud-focus-rs-3d-2015-32.jpg

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't there a Sony sub in the back of the RS like the ST2 and ST3?
Unless they've moved it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Maybe in the area where the spare wheel should be since we don't get one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys! I know this is probably pretty silly asking this question this early but...

My wife asked me what I want for Christmas and of course I started thinking of things I'll need for the RS :)

Here's the items that I've thrown out there have me a bit concerned as to if they'll fit.

WeatherTech Floor Mats / Trunk Mats / Window Guards
Floor Mats – Black 2015 Ford Focus | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com
Trunk Mat – Black 2015 Ford Focus | WeatherTech Custom Cargo Liners Cargo Mat | WeatherTech.com
Window Deflectors – Dark 2015 Ford Focus | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

RallyArmor Mud Flaps – Blue Logo
2012+ Ford Focus Mud Flaps Blue Logo, Rally Armor

Like I said, its probably too early to know for sure, but what do you guys think?

Cheers!
Josh
hey josh ive looked into the weather tech mats the rear mats are the same as an st and so is the trunk liner but the front are different if you go on the weather tech web site it will tell you that the focus ones wont fit

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey josh ive looked into the weather tech mats the rear mats are the same as an st and so is the trunk liner but the front are different if you go on the weather tech web site it will tell you that the focus ones wont fit
Thanks for the follow up - but I had already found out the hard way :(

My wife's sister ended up getting a new 2016 Focus Sedan so I gave the Weathertechs to her and ordered a set of the Aries mats - I love them!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know what year focus weather tec mats they sent me but mine fit great... I think?? What was your issue @j0shm1lls ?
One of the posts under the driver side mat didn't line up, and both of the passenger side's didn't (if I remember correctly). They ended up slipping and moving a bit. The Aries mats are stuck in place and don't go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
One of the posts under the driver side mat didn't line up, and both of the passenger side's didn't (if I remember correctly). They ended up slipping and moving a bit. The Aries mats are stuck in place and don't go anywhere.
Strange, my drivers side snapped both connections and fit well although I wish the dead peddle was a little higher, The passenger side on mine didn't have any snaps. Not sure of the year I ordered although think it was a ST. The rear mat also fits well. very strange.

·
Registered
356 Posts
WeatherTech clearly states in bold they will not fit the RS. There is no reason not to wait until the have the mold.

Slip could end you.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
WeatherTech clearly states in bold they will not fit the RS. There is no reason not to wait until the have the mold.

Slip could end you.
I ordered my weather tecs before weather tec knew what a RS was. Mine fit and do not slip as the driver side is snapped into place. As Midcow3 would say "YMMV"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts