Ford Focus RS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cool. I'm assuming you're referring to the armrest when you say blue stitching? Isn't there an issue with a magnet not working or something like that on the US model? I was thinking of just doing the cup holder mod, but if there's a simple way to make the Euro armrest work properly (with minimal/non-permanent modification), I might pick that up as well.

That's good to know! By full Euro interior, are you referring to the whole center console? Isn't the only difference just the cupholder and armrest? How did you get the armrest to function properly? Also, how do you like the FP short shifter? I'm between going that route or the Mountune quick-shift plate. Did you also replace any bushings?

Nice! Let me know what you think of the shifter, as I'm between this and the Mountune plate option.
Magnet will not work in the euro Console, without hacking up plastic and re-welding the plastic.

The euro arm rest is longer and heavier, it has not caused me any issues at all. Stays flat at all items even bumps, no real risk of it moving unless you do a barrel role? Lol

Yes blue stitching on the arm rest itself, there is both black and blue Available, both are the same product just different color stitching.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
780 Posts
LOVE my shifter. It doesn’t change much; but it’s got a really good feel to it and has more metal construction vs the stock one. I also combo’d with the carbon shift knob.
Nice. Did you find any good deals on it? Cheapest I can find at the moment is around $430 on various big name websties.

Magnet will not work in the euro Console, without hacking up plastic and re-welding the plastic.

The euro arm rest is longer and heavier, it has not caused me any issues at all. Stays flat at all items even bumps, no real risk of it moving unless you do a barrel role? Lol

Yes blue stitching on the arm rest itself, there is both black and blue Available, both are the same product just different color stitching.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
DO A BARREL ROLL!!! Haha! Okay. Good to know. From my research, it appears the all black version is from your standard UK Focus, while the blue is the UK RS version. Reaching out to European-Parts to confirm the version they have is the RS specific one. Although, the listing does say it has blue stitching.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice. Did you find any good deals on it? Cheapest I can find at the moment is around $430 on various big name websties.

DO A BARREL ROLL!!! Haha! Okay. Good to know. From my research, it appears the all black version is from your standard UK Focus, while the blue is the UK RS version. Reaching out to European-Parts to confirm the version they have is the RS specific one. Although, the listing does say it has blue stitching.
I got it from CJP during some holiday sale or something so it worked out pretty well.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Cool. I'm assuming you're referring to the armrest when you say blue stitching? Isn't there an issue with a magnet not working or something like that on the US model? I was thinking of just doing the cup holder mod, but if there's a simple way to make the Euro armrest work properly (with minimal/non-permanent modification), I might pick that up as well.

That's good to know! By full Euro interior, are you referring to the whole center console? Isn't the only difference just the cupholder and armrest? How did you get the armrest to function properly? Also, how do you like the FP short shifter? I'm between going that route or the Mountune quick-shift plate. Did you also replace any bushings?

Nice! Let me know what you think of the shifter, as I'm between this and the Mountune plate option.
Radio fascia (I hate piano black, and the display button is money!) + cup holder + arm rest + rear head rests. No idea why Ford decided to put different bits in our cars as the US ones are all garbage. I didn't adjust the soft close adjuster on my center console, but I am keeping an eye out for a LHD console on Ebay to swap over.

Reactions: klex

·
Registered
780 Posts
Alright! Finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Euro cup holder and arm rest (with blue stitching). Now just need to find a good price for the Ford Performance short shifter so I can do it all at once. Super excited!

Reactions: klex

·
Registered
780 Posts
Aaaaand just ordered the Ford Performance short shifter and carbon fiber shift knob. Found a good price from a company based out of New York, and the biggest benefit? No tax in CA! Reminds me of the good ol' days when B&H didn't charge me tax... Really helps on big ticket items. Now, just need to pick up some solid shifter base bushings, and I think I'll be all set for now!

Any other recommendations for things to do/install when I have the center console out?

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you're not fond of the sony piano black stereo trim, you could change that.
Oh yeah. I saw some posts about that, but haven't had the time to research. So switching the trim doesn't change anything about SYNC, right? Same functionality, just with different button layout?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Actually adds a display off button.
Gotcha. Sounds like everything else remains the same other than adding that display button. Would you happen to know where I could source a new one? I just ordered the cup holder and armrest from European-Parts, but they don't have the Euro radio.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just ordered one from ebay uk. It's used but the pictures look ok. I searched for part number F1ET-18K811 but please do your own research first!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I just ordered one from ebay uk. It's used but the pictures look ok. I searched for part number F1ET-18K811 but please do your own research first!
When you install, don't forget to reroute your hazard switch wire behind the CD player.

·
Registered
780 Posts
When you install, don't forget to reroute your hazard switch wire behind the CD player.
Sweet! Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I got it from CJP during some holiday sale or something so it worked out pretty well.
So my FP short shifter finally arrived today with my carbon fiber shift knob! Got a quick question for you since I know you have the same one. There's this metal bar piece attached to the base pointing straight up. It's shaped kinda like a seven. This is probably a stupid question, but I'm supposed to remove that right? Haha! It doesn't move, so I'm assuming I would have to. Otherwise, it would be in the way of shifting. Not to mention you can't even put the boot down. Do they just put that there for shipping purposes?

2020-05-09 17.44.47.jpg
2020-05-09 17.45.00.jpg

Reactions: rewind

·
Registered
135 Posts
So my FP short shifter finally arrived today with my carbon fiber shift knob! Got a quick question for you since I know you have the same one. There's this metal bar piece attached to the base pointing straight up. It's shaped kinda like a seven. This is probably a stupid question, but I'm supposed to remove that right? Haha! It doesn't move, so I'm assuming I would have to. Otherwise, it would be in the way of shifting. Not to mention you can't even put the boot down. Do they just put that there for shipping purposes?

View attachment 340844 View attachment 340845
Hahaha I was sooo confused when I saw it as well. It just holds everything in place for shipping so it’s not clunking through the gears in transit. Remove install and enjoy the AWESOME SHIFTER

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hahaha I was sooo confused when I saw it as well. It just holds everything in place for shipping so it’s not clunking through the gears in transit. Remove install and enjoy the AWESOME SHIFTER
Phew! You have no idea how stupid I felt just staring at it and scratching my head like, "Is hit supposed to do something?" Haha! You would think the official instructions it came with would say to remove it. Thanks for clearing it up!

Hopefully, I should be able to install my Euro cupholder, Euro armrest, FP short shifter, FP carbon fiber shift knob, Boomba shifter base bushings, high output yellow foglights and smoked LED sequential mirror indicators next weekend. Needless to say, this quarantine hasn't been nice to my wallet. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Phew! You have no idea how stupid I felt just staring at it and scratching my head like, "Is hit supposed to do something?" Haha! You would think the official instructions it came with would say to remove it. Thanks for clearing it up!

Hopefully, I should be able to install my Euro cupholder, Euro armrest, FP short shifter, FP carbon fiber shift knob, Boomba shifter base bushings, high output yellow foglights and smoked LED sequential mirror indicators next weekend. Needless to say, this quarantine hasn't been nice to my wallet. :ROFLMAO:
Me too... and this isn’t even supposed to be the project car!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Me too... and this isn’t even supposed to be the project car!!
Exactly! That's why I kept my 2000 Civic Si! Getting harder and harder to explain to the Mrs. that this is my "stock DD." Gonna be especially hard since I just found a great deal on a set of KW DDCs, for essentially a little over the cost of the V3s...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Exactly! That's why I kept my 2000 Civic Si! Getting harder and harder to explain to the Mrs. that this is my "stock DD." Gonna be especially hard since I just found a great deal on a set of KW DDCs, for essentially a little over the cost of the V3s...
Oh no...I don’t even want to know. I. Must. Stop. Buying.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts