Ford Focus RS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Anyone know if these are still available? These cup holders look awesome
Yes, you have to order them from Europe (or anywhere other than North America).

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Anyone know if these are still available? These cup holders look awesome
Or watch ebay UK, sometimes you can get a whole console shipped for cheaper than buying the cup holder new. Including the slider armrest

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone know the part number for this, I can’t seem to find it online. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Anyone know the part number for this, I can’t seem to find it online. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Or watch ebay UK, sometimes you can get a whole console shipped for cheaper than buying the cup holder new. Including the slider armrest
Thats what I did, paid like $160 shipped from the UK and it had everything including the magnet that I'm trying to figure how to attach in the US center console for the UK sliding armrest

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Thats what I did, paid like $160 shipped from the UK and it had everything including the magnet that I'm trying to figure how to attach in the US center console for the UK sliding armrest
Let us know if you come up with something. After taking a look at the console, it doesn't look like it can be modified for the EU armrest without a bunch of cutting. But you can probably zip tie a magnet above where the latch connects on the console.

My current plan is to source a complete LHD console during some upcoming travels, then find a way to bring it back to the US without it getting destroyed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wanted to use the magnet in mine so I trimmed a hole for the magnet and plastic welded it in. It looks horrendous in the picture but fine to me after a little sanding. The magnet is a little assembly of it's own that has teeth and is pressure fit into a hole.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! and sorry for the (quite!?!) late reply, but the UK spec cup holder fits well on the left-hand drive car? thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi! do you know if the UK spec cup holder fits well on the left-hand drive car? thank you!

I wanted to use the magnet in mine so I trimmed a hole for the magnet and plastic welded it in. It looks horrendous in the picture but fine to me after a little sanding. The magnet is a little assembly of it's own that has teeth and is pressure fit into a hole. View attachment 338634

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
hi! do you know if the UK spec cup holder fits well on the left-hand drive car? thank you!
You mean this one?

Doesn't your car come with it in Belgium? US cars are LHD, so I suppose the answer to your question is yes, but we are installing the Euro part on our US cars.

·
Registered
780 Posts
To anybody who has installed this. Have you developed any rattles or interior noises after installing these Euro cupholders?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Zero rattles, it's been solid for 5 months.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
That's good to hear. I just might have to pick one of these up to install during the lockdown. I just get mental hangups with interior work like this for fear of developing any irritating rattles/noises.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's good to hear. I just might have to pick one of these up to install during the lockdown. I just get mental hangups with interior work like this for fear of developing any irritating rattles/noises.
It's incredibly worth it. Should have been like that from factory imo. +1 if you score blue stitching, the guys at European parts are exceptional!

·
Registered
780 Posts
It's incredibly worth it. Should have been like that from factory imo. +1 if you score blue stitching, the guys at European parts are exceptional!

Cool. Are the parts from European Parts used? Not sure, as the pictures they use make it look like they just took it out of a vehicle and put it on a tile floor to take the picture. Haha!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cool. Are the parts from European Parts used? Not sure, as the pictures they use make it look like they just took it out of a vehicle and put it on a tile floor to take the picture. Haha!
It's sourced new as far as I know, email them, he's really good, I'm sure he can snap some pics. If not, eBay UK is where I sourced mine, but finding a blue stitched one is rare. Pretty sure the euro guy has both.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
To anybody who has installed this. Have you developed any rattles or interior noises after installing these Euro cupholders?
No new rattles, doing the job actually gave me the opportunity to tighten down some screws to reduce other rattles!

My only regret was not doing the full Euro interior + FP short shifter in one go. I ended up piecing it together one by one, so I've had my console out a few times.

Pro tip on getting the footwell trim next to the floormats out: you can reach around the end of the trim and push the little cover out from the back. Also be careful with the airbag jewel!

·
Registered
135 Posts
No new rattles, doing the job actually gave me the opportunity to tighten down some screws to reduce other rattles!

My only regret was not doing the full Euro interior + FP short shifter in one go. I ended up piecing it together one by one, so I've had my console out a few times.

Pro tip on getting the footwell trim next to the floormats out: you can reach around the end of the trim and push the little cover out from the back. Also be careful with the airbag jewel!
I also got my FP shifter before knowing this was an option, so I shall be deconstructing the console one more time if I get this. Good thing it’s such a sexy upgrade

·
Registered
780 Posts
It's sourced new as far as I know, email them, he's really good, I'm sure he can snap some pics. If not, eBay UK is where I sourced mine, but finding a blue stitched one is rare. Pretty sure the euro guy has both.

Cool. I'm assuming you're referring to the armrest when you say blue stitching? Isn't there an issue with a magnet not working or something like that on the US model? I was thinking of just doing the cup holder mod, but if there's a simple way to make the Euro armrest work properly (with minimal/non-permanent modification), I might pick that up as well.

That's good to know! By full Euro interior, are you referring to the whole center console? Isn't the only difference just the cupholder and armrest? How did you get the armrest to function properly? Also, how do you like the FP short shifter? I'm between going that route or the Mountune quick-shift plate. Did you also replace any bushings?

I also got my FP shifter before knowing this was an option, so I shall be deconstructing the console one more time if I get this. Good thing it’s such a sexy upgrade
Nice! Let me know what you think of the shifter, as I'm between this and the Mountune plate option.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Cool. I'm assuming you're referring to the armrest when you say blue stitching? Isn't there an issue with a magnet not working or something like that on the US model? I was thinking of just doing the cup holder mod, but if there's a simple way to make the Euro armrest work properly (with minimal/non-permanent modification), I might pick that up as well.

That's good to know! By full Euro interior, are you referring to the whole center console? Isn't the only difference just the cupholder and armrest? How did you get the armrest to function properly? Also, how do you like the FP short shifter? I'm between going that route or the Mountune quick-shift plate. Did you also replace any bushings?

Nice! Let me know what you think of the shifter, as I'm between this and the Mountune plate option.
LOVE my shifter. It doesn’t change much; but it’s got a really good feel to it and has more metal construction vs the stock one. I also combo’d with the carbon shift knob.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts