Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Just realized I ordered the super sports not cup 2. Oops.

How many miles are you guys hoping to squeeze out of these bad boys? It's my first time with a true summer tire. Don't know how many miles they usually last with moderate use.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would classify the sport cup 2 tires as track tires really, the super sports are more of a "summer" tire. I'm betting that they'll wear fairly quick but that's the trade off for how soft and sticky they are.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
maybe 4000 miles I could be wrong. that's with zero track time and limited cornering

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
15k on the high end for conservative driving with no track driving.

Which is why I opted for the super sports

·
Registered
720 Posts
15k on the high end for conservative driving with no track driving.

Which is why I opted for the super sports
In Canada we have no choice, SC2s only. I had wanted to swap or sell mine for PSS but if I can squeeze 15000 out of them I guess that won't be too bad. I'm more concerned how they will handle in the rain and the odd morning or evening when the temps hit close to zero and I haven't swapped out for winters yet.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
In Canada we have no choice, SC2s only. I had wanted to swap or sell mine for PSS but if I can squeeze 15000 out of them I guess that won't be too bad. I'm more concerned how they will handle in the rain and the odd morning or evening when the temps hit close to zero and I haven't swapped out for winters yet.
Get winter tires, those tires dont like cold weather and its safe. Dont cheap out.

Sent from my iPhone SE using Taptalk

·
Registered
591 Posts
The PSS should last about 30k miles with regular rotation. I had them on the ST and they were warrantied for 30k miles.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Get winter tires, those tires dont like cold weather and its safe. Dont cheap out.

really? get cold much in texas? in my opinion tires that carry a warning for use under 40* is because of the chance of ice, snow, or any other form of frozen hazard. this is based on my experience with summer only tires for the last 20 years. sure the grip is less than warm tires on 90 degree pavement but if you don't know that coming in, you should change to all seasons.

·
Registered
720 Posts

Not worried about winter. We get the winter tire package automatically. I was commenting on how they will handle in rain or the odd cold morning in the start/end of summer. Looks like they will be OK in the rain after seeing them.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Not worried about winter. We get the winter tire package automatically. I was commenting on how they will handle in rain or the odd cold morning in the start/end of summer. Looks like they will be OK in the rain after seeing them.
Gotcha

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is anyone planing to remove the cup 2s and replace them with somethine else? I am pretty sure that I am going to get a set of Continental ExtremeContact DW and sell the Cup 2s.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is anyone planing to remove the cup 2s and replace them with somethine else? I am pretty sure that I am going to get a set of Continental ExtremeContact DW and sell the Cup 2s.
I'm hoping to swap mine for the PSS with anyone south of me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Our PSS's lasted 18 track seasons. They probably could have gone another 5 before giving up the ghost. We have switched to PSC - 180 trad wear. Can't wait to get the car out to the track on these!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts