Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

How are you guys connecting your charger? I ordered a cigarette connection adapter but looks like our 12V adaptor socket doesn’t stay live.

Do you use AGM mode?

If you’re using the croc clamps where are you connecting the grounding clamp?

Photos welcome!

Thanks

·
5,582 Posts
To the chassis bolt from what I read on uk forums.
Haven't done the cigarette lighter nor attached mine yet still in storage.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can get a Ctek connector that bolts to your battery, has a loom with it and plug at end. Just run it through the engine bay and out through the grille or somewhere else of your choosing and simply plug in to the charger without any fuss. Just make yourself a little note to put on the dashboard that says "disconnect charger before driving''. Have a guess why I made one LOL

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the MXS 5.0 also and it works great. I also have a Deltran Battery Tender and it works great too. I use the alligator clips. To use either:
1. Lift hood
2. Remove cover that covers the battery cover
3. Connect the positive alligator clip to the positive terminal-both are red
4. Connect the negative alligator clip to a ground. The one seen in the owners manual on page 161 or 191.
5. Plug the CTEK into the wall. When you get 4 or 5 lights, check the owners manual, you should be charged enough to drive. 7 or
8 lights you are fully charged. Then everything on the RS should be fully functional. It takes about 2 hours to get to 4 or 5 it
takes a lot longer to get the 7th light.

When I get home I will take pictures.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I hardly drive my RS's so I always leave a CTEK on them. I just take off the battery cover. Well to tell you the truth I just leave it off because I drive them so infrequently. I use the alligator clips and hook the positive clamp to the battery and the negative to the negate post to the right of the battery.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a deltran battery tender that I have a quick connect harness installed for. Positive on the harness to the positive terminal and negative to the grounded bolt on the fusebox. When not in use i push it down between the two and it looks really clean.

·
Registered
959 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Hank
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing